RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Lunchboxer's TXT-1 project... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/4482224-lunchboxers-txt-1-project.html)

Lunchboxer 06-01-2013 05:23 PM

RE: Lunchboxer's TXT-1 project...

You guys don't have to convince me, I am a Tamiya fan boy.. :D

pritch 06-02-2013 12:53 AM

TXT-2 is £389 as a kit.

Ouch [&:]

I do love Tamiya but boy do you ever pay a premium for comparable performance. For me it just doesn't look exciting enough vs. TXT-1, nor would it drive well enough versus its price range to be worth it.

I'd still love to build it though. Wonder if I'd get my money back selling as mint built? Probably not!! ;)

Lunchboxer 06-02-2013 06:44 AM

It is not as expensive here in US..

However, there's no such a thing as a "comparable" for it, right?! I don't think there's another monster truck out there that has the scale look, live axles, center driveshafts, etc. So if you want that, Tamiya is your only choice... !

bobb428 06-02-2013 07:01 AM

You can get the 2 off of ebay shipped to you for 400, that is not bad for how cool this kit is.

Starkweather 06-02-2013 08:12 AM

Tower still wants 500 before shipping. I got mine from stella models for like 420 with shipping. Tamiya's top tier kits will always be expensive compared to most, especially when you factor in electronics you need to also buy. You buy these cause you love em :)

Lunchboxer 06-02-2013 08:43 AM

Yeah, Tamiya is not cheap.. but is worth it.. ha! :D

pritch 06-04-2013 12:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

It is not as expensive here in US..

However, there's no such a thing as a ''comparable'' for it, right?! I don't think there's another monster truck out there that has the scale look, live axles, center driveshafts, etc. So if you want that, Tamiya is your only choice... !
I really do think that as you love the TXT-2 so much you should take pity on me and send me your TXT... ;):D

Lunchboxer 06-04-2013 04:50 AM

Me? I have no plan to get a TXT-2, ha! Will continue to rock the original!! :D

The Mad Modder 06-04-2013 04:57 AM

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

Me? I have no plan to get a TXT-2, ha! Will continue to rock the original!! :D
Same here. I like the all aluminum chassis and the cantilever suspension.

screaminglife 09-13-2021 09:27 PM

I hate to dig up an ANCIENT thread, but I just read the whole thing and man, what a nostalgia trip. I'm in the process of rebuilding my TXT-1. Parts are near impossible to find, but thanks to cheap knockoffs on ebay and some lucky finds I've been working hard to get it back into working order. Thanks Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer 09-14-2021 01:19 AM

That's awesome. Glad that you are still having fun with it!! Post some pics or videos when you are done fixing it up!