RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Your Favorite Charger (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/6212555-your-favorite-charger.html)

J-Cube 08-15-2007 08:12 AM

RE: Your Favorite Charger

My ICE has a four step charging option. I just don't know how to use it.

Super Spider 08-15-2007 10:29 AM

ORIGINAL: webdr

ORIGINAL: Super Spider

I have been looking at the IntelliPeak Ice, I like the features of setting up charge cycles for different battery packs, it has the capabilities of charging low enough on the amps to accomodate some of my reciever packs + it will charge everything out there - that I know of. I do have a question, besides the $80 price differenc & the color, what is different about the Team Cheackpoint?
The TC1030 is, in essence, the same as the ICE except the TC1030 has a discharge up to 30 amps, a backlit screen, a 4 step charging option which basically packs the batteries full of juice in a very short time w/o overheating, and a few new motor testing options.
Thanks, do you think for the average person the Ice would be the better choice? Are you really going to notice that much of a difference in the batteries, unless you are at pro levels? I am looking at getting back into electric, and using LiPo.

Thanks & be good!

webdr 08-15-2007 10:40 AM

ORIGINAL: J-Cube

My ICE has a four step charging option. I just don't know how to use it.
I stand corrected. I dont have the ice but I thought the feature was new, my mistake.

webdr 08-15-2007 10:41 AM

ORIGINAL: webdr

I have been looking at the IntelliPeak Ice, I like the features of setting up charge cycles for different battery packs, it has the capabilities of charging low enough on the amps to accomodate some of my reciever packs + it will charge everything out there - that I know of. I do have a question, besides the $80 price differenc & the color, what is different about the Team Cheackpoint?
The TC1030 is, in essence, the same as the ICE except the TC1030 has a discharge up to 30 amps, a backlit screen, a 4 step charging option which basically packs the batteries full of juice in a very short time w/o overheating, and a few new motor testing options.
Thanks, do you think for the average person the Ice would be the better choice? Are you really going to notice that much of a difference in the batteries, unless you are at pro levels? I am looking at getting back into electric, and using LiPo.

Thanks & be good!
If the ice is chaper than 179, go with it. Unless you race, you dont need a 30 amp discharge!

LiL Richy 08-15-2007 10:42 AM

Why would you need a 30ammp discharge?

Takedown 08-15-2007 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: LiL Richy

Why would you need a 30ammp discharge?
To simulate the real discharge as if you were running it in your r/c.