RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/7367370-official-traxxas-slash-short-course-race-truck.html)

xxSLiMxx 11-24-2008 12:15 PM

RE: The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

ORIGINAL: engineerjoe

Broke mine last friday.
landed from about 3 ft up onto the left rear tire and broke the chassis where it mounts to the gearbox and broke the rear skid. The body mounts and motor wires were the only thing holding the back end on.

I've seen these things take way more punishment than that on youtube so I'm a little dissapointed. any ideas? I have a new chassis and skid on the way and I think I'll epoxy the joints this time for a little more strength. I'd rather break an A-arm than a chassis.
Is it cold when you where bashing? The cold makes the plastic break a bit easyer.

engineerjoe 11-24-2008 01:03 PM

it was about 45 deg F. Does boiling the parts work on traxxas plastic?

Mean Green 11-24-2008 04:32 PM

I was meaning the Proline 8 shooters, also an 8 hole but a different offset or at least inner diameter.

cobra26 11-26-2008 07:36 PM

I have to start reading this thread from the beginning, but in the meantime I thought I'd ask if you guys here recommend the Slash for someone moving into electrics from the nitro buggy side - I want to run both. The Slash looks like a blast! In a nutshell, how do you guys like it?

Thanks for any and all input!!

Now I'll go to page 1 and start reading...

xxSLiMxx 11-26-2008 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: cobra26

I have to start reading this thread from the beginning, but in the meantime I thought I'd ask if you guys here recommend the Slash for someone moving into electrics from the nitro buggy side - I want to run both. The Slash looks like a blast! In a nutshell, how do you guys like it?

Thanks for any and all input!!

Now I'll go to page 1 and start reading...

Love it! :D

droppedgmc 11-27-2008 04:04 AM

it's a great strong truck. alot more fun with a bl setup in them also

cornel4web 11-27-2008 08:15 AM

not even a MM in this truck yet ???[:-][:-][:-]

cobra26 11-27-2008 09:56 AM

ORIGINAL: cornel4web

"MM" [sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif]

cornel4web 11-27-2008 02:09 PM

doh[X(]...sorry, MM=Mamba Max[X(]

fusebmx13 11-27-2008 03:01 PM

If you shop around you can get a really good deal. I got mine for 175 with free shipping from towerhobbies.

overrev 11-27-2008 03:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my slash with a mamba max 5700.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

xxSLiMxx 11-27-2008 05:14 PM

Nice Truck! :D

Team Tekin 11-27-2008 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the only pic of mine I have so far.

Tekin R1 ESC
Tekin Redline 537 motor
Tekin 3400 Lipo
Spektrum
Hitec HS645MG

Next for it is aluminum shock caps, Proline Epic beadlocs and Switch tires, Desert Rat Body, aluminum REVO servo guard and possibly a faster motor if it needs it.

It is a BLAST! I love bashing this truck and watching it run, it just looks like a real CORR truck running around and jumping everything in sight. Next is a Brushless Converted Slayer [>:]

boomchank7 11-27-2008 07:24 PM

So, has nobody here tried 8 cells stock? I mean, with the motors being so cheap, it may be worth a try to get more power and greater speed while remaining waterproof. I will try it but I'm not getting the truck for another couple of weeks.

kinzuagolfer 11-28-2008 05:13 PM

I ran an A123 3s pack a couple of runs. 9.9v nominal, so it's close to an 8 cell pack.
Motor didn't take it well. Still works, but not as fast. Sticky starting also is as best as I can describe it. It will sometimes go full throttle without moving, but give it a nudge and off it goes.

Overrev. is that some sort of plate your MM is on? That is a great idea. Is it a direct bolt on part or something?

overrev 11-28-2008 08:36 PM

It's the fastlane machine aluminum trans case for the rustler. I also have their shock towers. I think they helped improve the handling.

Mike

hkenvy91 11-29-2008 03:05 AM

im a nitro racer/crawler, anyhow.......i just picked up a slash today to start racing and to spend time with my daughter<santa is bringing her one>;). just got all my soldering done outfitting the packs i bought with the traxxas high current connectors and putting in a dsm rx. truck looks awesome but will look better with a new body later. anyways....... my question is ..... whats the deal with brakes, i seem to not really have any.i mean do they have any drag brake? i dont know a whole lot about electric besides my crawler which im runnin a MM which has drag brake.

anyh help would be appreciated, and being its 3 am now ill start reading from page 1 tommorow night

xxSLiMxx 11-29-2008 04:15 AM

i beleve it dose have drag break but only like 5%....nothing like a crawler. In the future when (and im sure you will) swap out the stock ESC/Motor you should be able to set the drag break on the new ESC.

Good luck with yours, and have fun with your kid!

hkenvy91 11-29-2008 04:20 AM

sounds like i will be needing a sidewinder and a nice mild brushless setup.oh well

cornel4web 11-29-2008 04:31 AM

I hope I will see soon (still like over one week) such a setup...a 4600 on Sidewinder ESC...and I will let you know...

P8nt 11-30-2008 01:46 AM

I'm ruuning a MM set up! 4600Kv, 3200LiPo Orion pack(soon to move over to a 5000LiPo). I thought the 5700 was way over kill, given that I de-tuned the 4600 to a useable setting for track use!

cornel4web 11-30-2008 02:09 AM

and what speed and run-time you get with the 4600?

acevtwin 11-30-2008 10:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here a couple pictures of my new Slash body pianted by Darkside Designs.

NjBasher 11-30-2008 11:05 AM

ORIGINAL: cobra26

ORIGINAL: cornel4web

"MM" [sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif]
hey lol another njer:D any tracks by u??

xxSLiMxx 11-30-2008 11:12 AM

ORIGINAL: acevtwin

Here a couple pictures of my new Slash body pianted by Darkside Designs.

Looks awsome!