Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Car seems to turn better in one direction

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 07:31 PM
chewytess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car seems to turn better in one direction

I have a sprint 2 drift. Havent driven it for awhile, worked fine before. It seems to turn in one direction better than the other. Suggestions?
Old 03-23-2011, 07:50 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Default RE: Car seems to turn better in one direction

If your car is belt driven, you cannot use digital servos. The static buildup and discharge will fry the circuit board. If thats not it, make sure all the linkage doesnt bind. Take the servo out and test it.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:35 PM
rasper

also check that on your remote setting, if its set to "0" or center, that the wheels are actually center. depending on your remote that you have, can you set the "TURN PERCENTAGE" to each side? if so, then reset all and set it again to preference.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:54 PM
plasmaedge

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if your radio is rather good it will have epa or END POINT ADJUSTMENT.  set that so that the steering throw is the same both ways.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:12 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you have tried everything the op said and didn't work , check you left to right weight distrution because an unbalanced chassis will turn sharper on the heavier side and will push on the lighter side.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:56 PM
warnos16v

I have never heard of static build up affecting a new digital servo in TC.. in heli's yeah.. as they are not touching the ground.. but in a Touring Car? At a race meet there would be over a 100 entries and all of them would be using a digital servo.. in all my nitro and electric cars I use either a Savox low profile which is digital or a futaba.. all with belt drive with no problems..

Anyway back to ur problem.. take ur car off the ground to simply check if the front wheels are both turning at the same angle when u turn your transmitter from left to right... if they are not turning the same.. make the appropriate changes on your radio with end point adjustments.. make sure u don't go over 100% its not good for the servo.

If ur wheels are turning the same and its turning better one way then the other.. the car could be tweaked.. or unbalanced. There are allot of things that could cause this.. one of the front bearings stuffed. Just check the steering angle first.. If u wanna know more about chassis tweak and setting up a car.. the Xray site has setup manuals which even though for Xray cars they cross over to all electric touring cars.. correct chassis setup will help ur car track straight if all ur radio settings are correct.
Cheers
Old 03-27-2011, 02:13 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: dragnse7en

If your car is belt driven, you cannot use digital servos. The static buildup and discharge will fry the circuit board. If thats not it, make sure all the linkage doesnt bind. Take the servo out and test it.
I use digital servos in all my touring cars, which have been mostly belt drive. Never had a problem.