Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

TC6 - which spur/pinion gears & shock oil?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 06:16 AM
Mysterious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TC6 - which spur/pinion gears & shock oil?

trying to quickly get together an order for the indoor season, going with a TC6....... but no idea what to buy for spur & pinion gears......a guy in my club replied to me on FB but i'm at work and its blocked & I'm confused by the reply...

oh sorry the weights are going to be dependant on spring rate. I'll lookup a base setup for you here shortly then let you know. I'll also look at gearing and let you know soon. I just have to find my links

for FDR you should look to be anywhere from 4-5 range (final drive ratio) the internal ratio in the TC6 is 2 so I would pick up the following

Spurs: 88 and 96
Pinions: 40 thru 44

That will give you a good range. with the 88 your fdr rage is 4 - 4.4
and the 96 is 4.36 - 4.8

as for oils I looks at the lowest traction asphalt setups available on the team associated site and it looks like 35 wt but I would get a range from 30 thru 40 in all of the half increments (ie 30, 32.5 35, 37.5, 40

I looked up on Amain TC6 spur/pinion gears but did not see any of these numbers...... can someone help translate to a noobie and paste me some amain links on which these are? Or if these aren't correct tell me what I should be getting spur/pinion gear wise?

And what shock oils would be good? Anyone know for sure? If a bottle is 2oz how many of them do you need to fill 4 shocks?

Old 10-12-2011, 12:55 PM
warnos16v

Default RE: TC6 - which spur/pinion gears & shock oil?

ORIGINAL: Mysterious

for FDR you should look to be anywhere from 4-5 range (final drive ratio) the internal ratio in the TC6 is 2 so I would pick up the following

Spurs: 88 and 96
Pinions: 40 thru 44

That will give you a good range. with the 88 your fdr rage is 4 - 4.4
and the 96 is 4.36 - 4.8

as for oils I looks at the lowest traction asphalt setups available on the team associated site and it looks like 35 wt but I would get a range from 30 thru 40 in all of the half increments (ie 30, 32.5 35, 37.5, 40

I looked up on Amain TC6 spur/pinion gears but did not see any of these numbers...... can someone help translate to a noobie and paste me some amain links on which these are? Or if these aren't correct tell me what I should be getting spur/pinion gear wise?

And what shock oils would be good? Anyone know for sure? If a bottle is 2oz how many of them do you need to fill 4 shocks?

Regarding the Spurs and pinions don't just look under the associated site... go on fleabay and look for a 64p (pitch) Spur Gear in the range u wanted.. then have a look for some 64p pinions in the range.. or if u wanted stronger spur gears and don't have any gears as of yet.. I would recommend 48p spurs and pinions if u are going to ever run outside.. If u are getting 48p then the range will be lower as u will not fit a 90tooth 48p spur on your car..

I use Muchmore or Losi Shock oil.. but as long as u get the right wt or cst any brand will be fine..
Old 10-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Mysterious

Default RE: TC6 - which spur/pinion gears & shock oil?

thanks for the replies