Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

car/motor/esc question

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 07:53 PM
chase1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car/motor/esc question

i run mostly off road stuff but i am looking into a ta-06 gtr for an on road projectand was wondering what is a good size brushlessmotor and esc combo for it. i want it to be asquick as possiblebut i dont want to over power the drive line or have overheating issues. thanks
Old 01-16-2012, 07:38 AM
dragnse7en
Banned

Default RE: car/motor/esc question

Any 17.5T stock motor should be just fine for it, if you don't want to overheat.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:33 AM
chase1

17.5t would be equal to like what, 5000to 6000 kv motor?
also are thesedecent cars? i was going to do an aetc6 but im not planning onracing or anything just looking for a fast parking lot runner to take to the track now and then when they have the off road track closed.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:00 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

The original TA05 series died miserably on the tracks, so Tamiya hired Exotek for a carbon fiber line of equal vehicles, while purchasing thier platforms.

The TRF416 series cars still rock the house, according to each and every track result on this forum.

Yet, the EX05 R version has completely surpassed it. A tottalty huge amount of Aussies have bought the Exotek EX05 chassis, and is running way better than any other TRF416 chassis runner car on the carpet track.

Less maintenanace , and a lot less confusion on the track.

Old skool TA05s can still readily upgrade to the V2 system. - Do not deny this, b/c it's happening as we speak.