Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Need some electric knowledge

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 04:25 AM
nitroholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some electric knowledge

Close to where i live across the NY boarder i found at a school with these undivided tennis courts,they're completely just flat green,no nets and no other obsticals.It's like 2x2x2 if you can picture it.So there's quite a bit a room,i obviously cannot run nitro on there..............can't imagine the trouble i'd encounter.What car for around $300 to 400 would be the ultimate for this place?
Old 05-10-2013, 06:14 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Need some electric knowledge

ORIGINAL: nitroholic

Close to where i live across the NY boarder i found at a school with these undivided tennis courts,they're completely just flat green,no nets and no other obsticals.It's like 2x2x2 if you can picture it.So there's quite a bit a room,i obviously cannot run nitro on there..............can't imagine the trouble i'd encounter.What car for around $300 to 400 would be the ultimate for this place?
more options than I can count really
many brushed RTR onroad 4wd cars availible in the $200-$300 range.
The redcat lightning epx pro is a brushless RTR that is $200. will do 25mph with the stock nimh battery...or 40mph with a 2s lipo battery.
The redcat pagani is a belt driven 4wd brushless RTR with a sweet scale body...$230ish.

Tamiya TT-01...avialible as a brushed RTR, many different body choices availible.

HPI sprint, I think availible both as a brushed and a brushless RTR.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:58 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OFNA GTP2e...watch that thing fly on 6S with a 2200 motor. 80mph comfortably. Could probably do kit and electrics for $400 with some clever shopping. High on my own wishlist, but I'm trying to save some extra for a Kyosho Inferno GT2 VE. My LHS also has the TeamC/Absima GT car, which has the same dimensions (Wheelbase, etc) as the GT2. This is important, because up to the release of the GT2, 1/8th GT cars were totally based on 1/8th buggies, so they had short wheelbases and the bodies always looked short and fat and cartoonish, the OFNA is a fine car, but is of this older short wheelbase type. The newer, longer cars allow more realistic looking bodies, plus longer wheelbase is what you want for on-road really, at least compared to buggies. The TeamC car is over your budget I think, but seemed good value. I saw one up close the other day and it was really impressive for the money, I think it's about $500 RTR with 4S electrics and the Audi R8 body, but I dunno, I only saw a Euro price. Pretty cool car I must say, GIANT shocks for an on road car, might make a good rally.

Don't get me wrong though, you'll have a total blast with the OFNA on tennis courts, even on 4S, and its a cheap kit. Get some cheap Hobbywing/Tacon/Whatever 4S/6S electrics and go to town.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:33 AM
nitroholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys,i have no r/c toys anymore and the next one is gonna be electric.