Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Anyone know how to make your RC Car durable?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 02:42 PM
Persian Empire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Anyone know how to make your RC Car durable?

I got an Electric 1/10 Carisma M40s Touring RC Car. I've crashed it everywhere. MAX speed down a hill road and bang onto a 4x4 SUV. Front right rim fell along with the dog bone. Crashed it on the side of a curb. Got it flying and flipped on rough concrete ground. Got it smashed everywhere else and yet LOOK!
ITS ALL FINE! NEARLY NEW!
Carisma has been underestimated yes. But I did not think my first proper RC Car would come to this and would live this long.
You know when I crashed at max speed with a 2000mAh Powerpack at full charge on the 4x4 SUV down a hill, I literally fixed the car there. I mean alright the rims spokes snapped but all I done was fitted my new rims and Voila! It was running like new.
I've let the car ride on water and its been splashed in the rain. Yet it was still breathing.
Today my M40s with its original Ferrari 360 Modena Challenge Body Shell is sat in my room dead.
Why? Well after another time with the rain and wheel-spins in the wet, the receiver has been damaged by water. The car in terms of everything else is fine.
But the car shows no sign of life at all.

So what am I to do next time to avoid this? Get a waterproof receiver? No.
I will get a good receiver and never run it on a wet day.

But is there a way to prevent this water problem?
I never use the body shell tbh. I guess I should now.

Thanks.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:01 AM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

make a custom kydex front bumper, that will help a lot!
Old 09-15-2020, 11:00 PM
alanmcleanXxX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess that you have to go to the service and they will tell you everything about this
Old 09-19-2020, 12:59 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

If you're going to run the car where it can get wet you're probably best off just buying waterproof electronics. To keep from crashing and breaking your car all the time, drive it slow enough that you are in control of the car making it do what you want instead of going as fast as you can and chasing control of the car. You'll get faster but you'll be in control and won't crash as much.