Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

ultimate M chassis thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 04:19 PM
skottoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ultimate M chassis thread

I've seen that Alfa on TC, and always thought it was very cool how you did that. I have 4 alfas, and am in the process of distroying the first one, so I can build more of em.
Also, happy to announce I scored a Shrinkwrapped NIB ALPINE A110 kit recently off ebay for way less than I'd imagined. I have another Alpine bodyset NIB as well. STOKED!!!
Cheers,
Skottoman

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39669.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	1126719   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt60697.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	1126720  
Old 02-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Dante77

Thanks for your comment on my Porsche!

Ok, so the wheels/tires are HPI vintage, 26mm front, 30mm rear. Front wheels with details painted flat black, to make them look like Fuchs wheels.
The interior is a Tamiya rally cockpit, cut to fit. The mirror consists of cardbord, chrome foil, hot glue and a bent chrome body clip.
Take a look at my showroom on TC, I described ll the details there: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=19357

[quote]ORIGINAL: airboston

Dante77, that 914 is truely inspiring. Can I ask what you used to build the exterior mirror? Also, what did you use for wheels, tires and interior/ drivers?

Here's the most detailed 914 I had completed:

Old 02-10-2009, 09:21 AM
airboston

Thanks for the reply Dante77. I hope you don't mind, but I posted a link to the TC showroom on the 914World site too.
Here's a few more 914 bosies that I painted, though non anywhere near as detailed: http://www.airbostongraphics.com/RC914.htm
Old 02-10-2009, 04:20 PM
lee172

ORIGINAL: skottoman

I've seen that Alfa on TC, and always thought it was very cool how you did that. I have 4 alfas, and am in the process of distroying the first one, so I can build more of em.
Also, happy to announce I scored a Shrinkwrapped NIB ALPINE A110 kit recently off ebay for way less than I'd imagined. I have another Alpine bodyset NIB as well. STOKED!!!
Cheers,
Skottoman

wow an Alpine! one of the best looking cars Tamiya has made, ive never seen them go for a decent price.. and believe me ive looked! [&o]
Old 02-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Dante77

Great stuff! You did quite a lot of them! [X(]

Thanks for linking my showroom. I have to look at the 914World site! Do you have a link of that entry you made?

ORIGINAL: airboston

Thanks for the reply Dante77. I hope you don't mind, but I posted a link to the TC showroom on the 914World site too.
Here's a few more 914 bosies that I painted, though non anywhere near as detailed: http://www.airbostongraphics.com/RC914.htm
Old 02-11-2009, 10:23 AM
airboston

Dante77,
post #87... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.p...ic=87234&st=80
The tread is on a closed group buy I put together back in October. I still have several I'm painting now for people. I'm doing a semi scale Brumos car now and a bunch of street 914s too.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:33 PM
v4impactor

Are the suspension parts, particularly the suspension arms interchangable between the different M03 models? For example could I use the arms from a 03M on just a relgualr 03?
Old 02-24-2009, 10:24 PM
skottoman

ORIGINAL: v4impactor

Are the suspension parts, particularly the suspension arms interchangable between the different M03 models? For example could I use the arms from a 03M on just a relgualr 03?
Yes, the only difference between the models is the chassis extender that makes is longer. Suspension arms are the same.
Cheers,
Skottman
Old 03-12-2009, 08:48 AM
RC-Hedgie

ORIGINAL: skottoman

ORIGINAL: v4impactor

Yes, the only difference between the models is the chassis extender that makes is longer. Suspension arms are the same.
Cheers,
Skottman
Saw this on a different M03 thread on RCU

ORIGINAL: thaphillips

Here is the diffrence.

M03 - Is the shortest version of the 3 chassises. It can run bodies like the old mini style body. It also has a largest number or bodies available. This is the most popular version of the Tamiya Mini in the Asian region and Australia. Importing the bodies can get expensive at around $40 to $50 a shell after shipping. The M03 also shares the same front knuckles and C hubs at the TL01. This kits comes with a Mechanical Speed Control. You will want to buy an ESC. This car also comes with the softest rims. You should go ahead and order some diffrent rims, because you will break these. This kit does not include ball bearings.This is often the least expensive version.

M03M - This kits is also know as the Suzuki Swift kit. It is widely considered to be the best "value" Tamiya Mini kits available. It adds a small spacer to the chassis to make it slightly longer than the M03. It uses a diffrent set of front knuckles and c-hubs than the M03. Finding the front kunckles and C hubs is a bit more difficult as they are not the same parts as the TL01. Often times you must resort to ordering these parts from Asia. This kit does come with an electronic ESC. One benefit of the M03m is that it comes with a rear upright with a slight toe in of about 2 degrees. This is very beneficial as it makes the car more stable. This piece can be purchased seperatley and is very inexpensive. The M03M offers the least choice of body selections. The M03M also offers the most durable rims from Tamiya (the 11 spoke). This kit includes ball bearings for the wheels, but not the gear box.

M03L - Is the longest verson of the Tamiya Mini's. It can also run most M04 bodies. The M03L also shares the same front knuckles and c-hubs as the TL01. The reason I keep reffering to these parts is because these parts will break quite often. The TL01's are a popular car, and it makes finding replacement parts easier. This way you aren't ordering $5 parts from Japan and paying $8 in shipping. The M03L comes with an electronic speed control. This kits does not include ball bearings. The rims in this kit are in the middle of the durability range.

M03R - Is the "Race" version of the Mini. It comes with a full set of ball bearings, oil shocks (these are brittle and will be broken), 11 spoke rims, a metal heat sink (bad design, does not work), aluminum knuckles, and aluminum rear uprights with about 1.5 degree tow in.. No speed controlled is included with this kit. This version is a more for show than race. The extra money doesn't buy anymore performance. This version includes all 3 spacers and can be ran as a M03, M03M, and M03L. It does not include a body.

.................................................. .........
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________
So a difference of opinion on the M-03M front knuckles and C Hubs. Any one else with any info? I would have THOUGHT the front C hubs and Knuckles would be the same.........
Old 03-12-2009, 08:00 PM
tony gray

It's simple...

The M03M, along with the 2006 (LWB) BMW Mini Cooper, and also the new Fiat 500 M03M all have the latest front end components. These are similar (but not the same) as the TA04 front end parts.

They are much, MUCH stronger than the others used on the other M03 kits. The M03R uses the M03M plastic components but also has new blinged-up alloy knuckles as well.

-

http://www.rc-mini.net

[size=2]Just minis, only minis.