Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Is a legend worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Matt_Gruizinga
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is a legend worth it?

Hi,
im rightknow looking for a on road car to race at my lhs. i stubled upon a bolink legend for cheap and i wondered if it would be a nice car? i plan on racing it in the touring class with a brushless system and a lipo. do you think the brushless motor will be able to handle the direct drive or do you think is will get alot of tire roll. i plan on really impressing the guy at my lhs with this one, so i wanna no the advantages and dissadvantages of this car.
thanks
Old 02-06-2008, 05:44 PM
RCUSEE

Default RE: Is a legend worth it?

dont race it in touring car class there is now way you can win any race with a legend in a 4wd race unless its drag only
Old 02-06-2008, 07:13 PM
justinep

You will get crushed in a sanctioned touring race with a Bolink. I own the Legend and it was designed for Bolink Legend sanctioned races on Carpet. The car doesn't even have a ball diff just striaght locked posi ( = impossible to keep up with any modern day touring car).

You can set-up the car for Drag racing but... even still, not a very competitive car in that class either! Technology in the Drag series cars have reall come a long way (I also own the econo-rail bolink dragster).

I'd say buy the car and shelf it for collection purposes not competitive purposes!
Old 02-06-2008, 08:55 PM
SuperCooper

It will go fast in a straight line.... but you'll never be able to keep up with the touring cars in the turns. I built one to bash with, and I like it beacuse of it's simplicity. On mine I chopped the fenders off to make it look more like a vintage modified. I run this with a cheap Tamiya silver-can motor & inexpensive radio gear and it still hauls butt. I let my younger nephews bash with this so they don't ruin my expensive stuff.[sm=lol.gif]

Old 02-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Jeckler
My Feedback: (2)

The only place for a Legends car to race is with other Legends. The local HobbyTown has races every Saturday and there's 4-5 Legends that run. Let's say they're in a class of their own, and leave it at that.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Matt_Gruizinga
My Feedback: (1)

thanks for the post and i found out my lhs doesn't have a legend class[&o] if you want to buy it it is on ebay right know and is Mint in box and i mean mint with no box seal broken it at like $25 bucks
Old 02-09-2008, 11:15 AM
ferrarimk13

buy it and sell it, theres a bunch of people obsessed with them for some reason. It would not hold up ion racing though.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:00 PM
bronx boy

just bought a tamiya tb02 porsche carrera it list for 154.00 in tower i got it for 49.00 from ultimate hobbies i think you can stiil get it from pchobbies.com this is a really nice on road car to start racing with model # 58322
Old 02-11-2008, 01:29 PM
justinep

Supercooper... Yer Legends looks SIIIICK (GREAT JOB)
Old 02-17-2008, 10:23 PM
jmauld

SuperCooper,
Can you give more details on your setup? This looks like it would be a fun car to play around with in parking lots. Are you running standard TC tires/rim?
Old 02-17-2008, 11:49 PM
SuperCooper

ORIGINAL: jmauld

SuperCooper,
Can you give more details on your setup? This looks like it would be a fun car to play around with in parking lots. Are you running standard TC tires/rim?

Those wheels & tires are REALLY OLD ProLine SpeedHawgs that were made specifically for pan cars years ago. They are no longer in production.... when they wear out I will have to switch over to standard pan car foams or some BSR radials.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:16 AM
trx1

so, who else runs one of these fun rides??
Old 09-26-2009, 08:39 PM
trx1

i have one im just running up and down my street with, i have a p2k in it, and wonder if a tamiya silver can would be better for it??