Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

TT-01E or TT-01?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 12:29 PM
alexchen86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT-01E or TT-01?

Okay just finished my first build with the new DF-03Ra 07 Subaru WRC and I am hooked on builds now...Iset it up with a very nice custom rear tail light mod to fit 2 pairs of 5mm LEDs in the rear since the the actual tail light bucket only allows one pair on the top corners of each bucket...I am also running 2 pairs of 5mm LEDs in the front (high beams in a faded white/yellow and drive lights in the bluish/white) will have pics up soon...

Anyways back to the point my girlfriend loves the car as she helped me a bit with the setup...now she wants one! So I figure I'd build her a TT-01E or TT-01 but is the TT-01E worth the price?

Also what bodies are available on the TT-01E? so far I have only seen:
Porsche 911
Skyline GTR R35
Lamborghini Countach

She loves the 2000 Toyota Celica body but I have only seen HPImake it...but I have heard that the HPI bodies are a bit too wide for Tamiya kits?

We will be racing with each other and I plan on keeping the stock motor btw the hop ups I have on the DF-03Ra are: Heatsink/bars and Slipper clutch which is why I am favoring the TT-01E

Racing grounds will only be parking lots

Old 10-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Druss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TT-01E or TT-01?

Go for the E if you can. There are a few upgrades on it, the most important of which is better steering.

You can use any 1/10 body but may need to use off set wheels for wider bodies.