Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

TC4 or TC5?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TC4 or TC5?

I have a TC4 right now. I'm fairly new and have really enjoyed it. I've been looking at the TC5 but I'm not sure if Iwanna get it yet. Since it's a kit, I don't wanna buy it, assemble it, and find out I hate it. Idid see that it is belt driven instead of shaft. Does anyone have or have used a TC5 they can tell me about it?
Old 10-25-2009, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TC4 or TC5?

I have tried and raced all 3 of Associated's touring car kits and feel the TC5 is as good if not a bit better than the TC4.
The TC4 was a bit easier to drive but I have found that once you get a good set up in the TC5, it is more consistant.
So basicaly, I run the TC4 on asphalt due to the durability of the shaft drive and the TC5 indoors on carpet because it has a better feel.