Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Recommendations for Mild Electric Motor?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Lins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations for Mild Electric Motor?

I have an old 1/10 Viper Parma/PSE Kit, and finally want to order a motor for it. I have an old Novak Rooster ESC, that online recommends no hotter than a 15T motor. What motors would you recommend for just bashing around the cul-de-sac? Trinity was the last brand I dealt with for my Super Blackfoot. Any opinions on the Speedgem Pro or Nemesis motors? Otherwise I will just go with something like the Venom Fireball to get the car finally running. Thanks for all the help! I've been out of cars/trucks for a long while.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:26 PM
gapjr
My Feedback: (26)

Default RE: Recommendations for Mild Electric Motor?

Do not get a fireball under any cicumstances. They are underpowered and don't last. Speedgems are proven to be quality brushed motors. Or... just sell your novak rooster, and apply what you get from the roooster towards a 13T EZrun brushless combo. They run about $75 shipped so you'd basically have a mild brushless setup with little more invested than if you had bought the brushed motor. One of the great things about brushless is almost no maintenance.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Willystylz

Default RE: Recommendations for Mild Electric Motor?

Yeah I'd save up for a brushless system just because they're virtually maintenance free. Even a good 15t brushed motor will have it's performance steadily degrade over time. IMO I'd only run a brushed motor such as a 27t stock or silver can as they last quite a while. Not an issue though if you like replacing brushes and have a comm cutter nearby.