Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

hpi sprint 2 flux or Tamiya df03 ra

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Daholla77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hpi sprint 2 flux or Tamiya df03 ra

I need help in deciding which one i should get. I like the flux mainly because it come with brushless. The df 03 ra I like because I have the ability to go on road and off road decently and it s cheaper and I figure I can upgrade to brushless later. I am not a hard core racer. The closes onroad track is about 25 minutes away. But Off road is about 45 to an hour away. But with my schedule it might as well be hours away for both of them. So it will be for bashing dirt fields and parking lot fun. Part of me just wants to do the flux since I already have a Slash. So I have a off road vehicle and a on road vehicle. The Df03 ra I like because like rallying a lot. Is there any major difference between the flux and the sprint 2 outside of the motor? Thank you D
Old 04-21-2010, 05:02 PM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: hpi sprint 2 flux or Tamiya df03 ra

My vote is for the DF-03RA as it's more of a do it all kinda chassis. With very little work you could turn it into a buggy or even a semi monster truck. I'm not really a fan of the Sprint series of cars.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:59 AM
plasmaedge

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: hpi sprint 2 flux or Tamiya df03 ra

df-03ra, heaps of parts and hopups and it performs well.

I just broke my df03 DI but thats cus i drove full speed into a wall s no durability issues.