Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Dirt oval thread-Lets see your oval cars!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 01:51 PM
ElectricGuy007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dirt oval thread-Lets see your oval cars!

ORIGINAL: srtracer

love dirt oval, got out of racing offroad at the other local tracks because everybody gripes and moans and are all tools, the oval club i race with is crazy laid back. we run a loose, rough surface clay/sand oval. ill get a picture up later.
Well ive been going to a track that does oval, offroad and roadcourse on carpet.
They change the layout when they do oval, and they change it again when they do a roadcourse.
Basically they remove the jumps and whatnot.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:55 PM
KID_EVIL!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

any kind of racing needs a good set up and a good driver. I race a slash 4x4 and have seen very good clean racing and have been around the trashy drivers. You can't say that off road is just bashers on a track bumping their way around, it's not true. Ever have a wheel get out of camber? makes a differance no matter what track you're on.

Oh and stumphumper you can kiss my frosty white Canadian.....well you know... MY @$$!!! differance between you and me, the wind don't blow down my house.

KID EVIL!
Old 01-14-2011, 10:53 AM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: RobbieP

Nice tidbit of misinformation!!! Shows you haven't done, or achieved any level or success in, either genre.
You know nothing about me pal. I know a Robbie Spratt and he wouldnt say such a thing.
Nevertheless he left to Virgina because he had a job offering there. So sadly I might not ever
see him again. If I could vote for him and Lockhart to come back to golfland Id do it in
a heatbeat.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:51 PM
srtracer

ORIGINAL: ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: srtracer

love dirt oval, got out of racing offroad at the other local tracks because everybody gripes and moans and are all tools, the oval club i race with is crazy laid back. we run a loose, roughsurface clay/sand oval. ill get a picture uplater.
Well ive been going to a track that does oval, offroad and roadcourse on carpet.
They change the layout when they do oval, and they change it again when they do a roadcourse.
Basically they remove the jumps and whatnot.
all im saying is the guys i raced with before were butt wads, kinda pushed me away from the local offroad crowd because its the same atall of the local offroad tracks, overgrown children playing with toys who took it too serious for my tastes.

anyway, WOOOLTO!this is actualy the first saturday i wont be racing, need to do some work around the house. :\

Old 01-14-2011, 07:17 PM
KID_EVIL!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

See the guys I race with are all out to help everyone else. Nobody thinks twice about lending out a motor or speed control as long as you out for the next race. Everyone out there racing. If you're not out there for the enjoyment most time they won't let you come back.

Kid Evil!
Old 01-14-2011, 08:23 PM
srtracer

thats how it is at this oval club, its more a social meet then a race club but it beats the heck out of not rc'ing or getting screamed at by some dude on the other side of the stand because you didnt let him pass.

most guys who race oval that ive met seem to be the same way as the group im racing with, its about having fun and racing toys.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:51 AM
stumpjumper1280

Well kid Frosty its the middle of winter and I'm going to race my car today ouside in shorts. Not inside some warehouse on some indood/outdoor carpet ayy.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:56 AM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: KID_EVIL!

See the guys I race with are all out to help everyone else. Nobody thinks twice about lending out a motor or speed control as long as you out for the next race. Everyone out there racing. If you're not out there for the enjoyment most time they won't let you come back.

Yes I have people that race oval give me free motors and stuff. I guess because they get lonely because
the hardcore offroad guys pick on them. I hear offroad guys say "OVAL SUX!" or "Driving in circles is boring"
Personally I like to do roadcourse, oval and offroad all 3! Im not picky about any of them.

thats how it is at this oval club, its more a social meet then a race club but it beats the heck out of not rc'ing or getting screamed at by some dude on the other side of the stand because you didnt let him pass.

most guys who race oval that ive met seem to be the same way as the group im racing with, its about having fun and racing toys.
I got tired of offroad around here because of the nitro offroad crowd doesnt really get along with me.
I feel not only out of place, but I kinda fit better with the oval crowd. Once again the Nitro offroad heads
say things that I dont agree with and they smart off to me and I get smart right back...
If they get smart with you first then you know they dont like you.

I go to a track now that runs all electric cars and trucks, I'm really better off over there.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:53 PM
srtracer

lol ive heard that before, we run a ton of both, were trying to bring back 1/10th nitro st's atm all our nitro classes are 1/8th (late model, sprinter/edm, truggy) were also about to do a 1-off race of the nitro lm's versus the electric edm's.

it really is a different world, today i didnt race today but i still showed up to loan some tires to a guy, get a used 12t from another and setup a charger fora novice racer.

i couldnt find any pictures of my buggy and its half assembled atm so that aint happening but i did find some vids on youtube of the class

http://www.youtube.com/user/Rossman2.../2/Ph8LYS7AAkg
Old 01-20-2011, 08:57 AM
ElectricGuy007

Enjoyed your video...
Im looking for a couple more oval video's...

Found some:

A Track called Skips RC Raceway-never heard of it just looking for footage
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=equlKopGSVE[/youtube]

One from Smac in ST Louis Missouri-I know people here personally that race here, just have not been there yet.
They dont do oval all year round, just in the summertime they do. They are mainly electric offroad.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV2mJlqO9i8&feature=related[/youtube]

And one more from Summit RC Raceway-again I heard of this track but it's far away from where I live.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGjhXcPIKdg&feature=related[/youtube]

Now I raced at this track for over a year, but me and the owner are not getting along...
Like I said in the posts above he's more of a nitro nut, that wants nitro to be
over top of electric. I raced my B44 over on his offroad track for 2 years before
I started doing oval at his track. Do I miss this track? Id say no I dont.
Imagine having two tracks close to one another and you have to choose sides.
Ive sided with the group of racers that care about me but all he cared about was $dollar signs$.
Ive known all along were I fit in with, and it all started up when he found out I was
traveling and going to other tracks. He didnt like that and scolded me every chance he got.
He always said "Why did you go over there for?" see that's called being greedy.
Basically I was in the middle of that mess, so I quit racing there.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx9G3zdDZnI[/youtube]

Here's a video of the group I have aligned myself with..
They have roadcourse with touring cars, offroad and oval all in the same day sometimes...
They are electric heads like myself so I enjoy being around these guys.
I guess you can say I feel like one of thier regular racers that race there often.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OvhKNpHXNw[/youtube]