RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-road-vehicles-race-cars-more-475/)
-   -   Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-road-vehicles-race-cars-more-475/4199090-official-tamiya-tt-01-thread.html)

aijie28 08-28-2007 05:31 AM

RE: Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

some one help me to set up my TT-01 i need drift and racing stats for my TT-01 pls ineed the parts what is the item#and send me a pic. pls

mariusml1972 08-28-2007 05:54 AM

search on www.towerhobbies.com , www.tamiyausa.com for TT-01D (drift spec),and you will find optional parts

DirtBonez 08-28-2007 08:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ya I think I am going to have to wait on PVC tires. I am in a rental house now cause my new house is getting built so all my tools (bandsaw, tablesaw, pipe cutter) are in storage and I can't cut the pipe. Hopefully tape will work.

I know it gave my evader zero traction :p

sanshu 08-28-2007 11:51 AM

thsoe the tape work fine for drifting?

DirtBonez 08-28-2007 11:53 AM

The tape works but evaders are 2wd I could not get it to drift. Was kinda fun tho :D

rcluke 08-28-2007 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: hyperhkss15

thsoe the tape work fine for drifting?
tape works fine, and it's fairly cheap :)

mindwreck 08-28-2007 12:41 PM

Don't really understand what you want but ill answer as best i can.. to drift, you basically need pvc or abs piping. to race, you need to look at the restrictions if your doing this at a Track event. if you doing it on a parking lot or something, get some oil shocks, unprepared surfaces like lots aren't too kind to the stock friction suspension.

upgrade wise this was how i planned it out:
1. Bearings for sure
2. alu prop shaft.
3. shocks
4. pinion/spur gear sets
5. power upgrade - esc, motor, battery
6. more handling upgrades - chassis braces, adjustable arms, aluminum steering, anti-roll bars, ball diff, front one way diff

First 4 are pretty inexpensive upgrades that will make a noticeable difference in the car. #5&6 the biggest group is where things get expensive.. This is the main reason why people just rather get a better chassis to race instead of pour money into this thing which was designed more of a basher

edit: for parts, go to rcmart towerhobbies tamiyausa or ebay. best places to get things u need

ORIGINAL: aijie28

some one help me to set up my TT-01 i need drift and racing stats for my TT-01 pls ineed the parts what is the item#and send me a pic. pls

sanshu 08-28-2007 12:56 PM

i'm drifting on pavement, how long would it take for the tape to cometo an end?
aproximatlyof course!!!

sanshu 08-28-2007 01:06 PM

i think tt-01 are almost desing to drift!
you just need some good ole yokomo tires!!!
unless you want to go straight, hahaha!!!!
i got one and it drifts fine
i tried some rubber drift tires (hpi) with my yokomo but thosen't seem to drift
the guy who sold them to me said that it would drift because of the hardness of the wheels
but it grips more than slide!!!
well i just glued some drift rings from yokomo and it works!

rcluke 08-28-2007 04:22 PM

aproximatlyof course!!!
5 packs at least, so a good days drifting

mindwreck 08-28-2007 04:39 PM

5 packs really? wow. never drifted on electric tape before, just doesn't make sense to me. tried teh abs,pvc way. too slow and boring. rubber and brushless power is where its at

ORIGINAL: rcluke

aproximatlyof course!!!
5 packs at least, so a good days drifting

sanshu 08-28-2007 11:02 PM

really? how these kind of motors works?
can you explain it to me please?
oh! and by the way mindwreck, how long you've been doing this?
it's just you seem to know so mutch about this rc thing.
thanks man!!!

mariusml1972 08-29-2007 01:22 AM

we have sport tuned motors,from tamiya,but works 27T-23T motors.
lower turns motors,i think,do not have enogh torque.
you must buy a heatsink for motor!!!

mindwreck 08-29-2007 02:08 AM

what motors. brushless and brushed motors work different. the basic concept is the same. alternating magnetic fields causes repel and attracting forces to cause rotation

oh... about 10 years? i took a break in between and just started up again about year and a half ago. you also pick up a lot just from being on this forum and other. Everytime im near a computer, i check whats happened and new posts that have come up.... RC, its quite an addiction. haha.:D

really? how these kind of motors works?
can you explain it to me please?
oh! and by the way mindwreck, how long you've been doing this?
it's just you seem to know so mutch about this rc thing.
thanks man!!!

mariusml1972 08-29-2007 03:01 AM

i think ...for start is good enogh a brushed motor....brushless motor-sensorless ...i think is not good for drifting,coz you do not have a good control of throttle ,correct me if i wrong ,mindwreck

sitruc_bc 08-29-2007 03:54 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: mindwreck

what motors. brushless and brushed motors work different. the basic concept is the same. alternating magnetic fields causes repel and attracting forces to cause rotation

oh... about 10 years? i took a break in between and just started up again about year and a half ago. you also pick up a lot just from being on this forum and other. Everytime im near a computer, i check whats happened and new posts that have come up.... RC, its quite an addiction. haha.:D

It's almost as bad as crack! Ever since I got started with RC before summer, I've been buying better batteries, motors, tires, chassis hop ups. It takes up your life, but it's fun!!!

sanshu 08-29-2007 01:15 PM

i think you're right mindwreck this thing it's like a drug!!!
i've started like a year a ago and i already have 2 kits
and i'm buying a lot of parts for them,well mostly for my yokomo!!!
but i think that the tt-01 it's a great kit too!
it's a little less complex than the yokomo mr4tc but fun to drive
i'm drifting all the time that's basically why i started this rc thing.
i've always wanted to buy an nitro rc, but i saw a video from youtube showing the mr4tc in action
and honestly i liked it better than a nitro car drifting!!!
that's why i bought it. then i saw the subaru impreza tt-01 drifting and wanted to give it a try.
so i bought it to!!!
i think both kits are great the tt-01 it's less expansive but got less options, but still a great beginner car
most of my friends like better cuz it' easier to handle, but i love challenges so i love my yokomo
i don't want to start any fights between the tamiya and yokomo guys!!!
i think that the driver makes all the difference!
i drive both kits a lot and have fun with them
and drive them both like if they were the same!!!
anyways, i want to thank you guys for being so helpfull to me and all the others!!!
so thanks again guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rcluke 08-29-2007 02:25 PM

i've always wanted to buy an nitro rc, but i saw a video from youtube showing the mr4tc in action
that's why i bought it. then i saw the subaru impreza tt-01 drifting and wanted to give it a try.
so i bought it to!!!
i think both kits are great the tt-01 it's less expansive but got less options, but still a great beginner car
most of my friends like better cuz it' easier to handle, but i love challenges so i love my yokomo
anyways, i want to thank you guys for being so helpfull to me and all the others!!!
lol what about lee172, in 9 months he has bought nearly 40 kits

mindwreck 08-29-2007 02:53 PM

yeah starting, a brushed motor is good to start out with. brushless sensorless motors aren't too bad. the cogging and glitching you normally hear about is mainly during start up acceleration, like guning it off the line. It happens during those times because the ESC doesn't know where the magnet polarities are pointing. But while the cars already in motion and driving or drifting, the esc already knows where the polarities are so it will almost never glitch and throttle is just fine. it happens once awhile, i don't find the cogging thing too annoying.

personally i kind of like that initial glitching/cogging. kind of like real car reving, then when the thing stops glitching, its as if i dropped the clutch and i spin the tires and IM OFF in a cloud of smoke and dust:D

ORIGINAL: mariusml1972

i think ...for start is good enogh a brushed motor....brushless motor-sensorless ...i think is not good for drifting,coz you do not have a good control of throttle ,correct me if i wrong ,mindwreck

mindwreck 08-29-2007 03:00 PM

definitely agree, i have more advanced cars but they need special prepare and checks to make sure it will run right.. but the tt-01... i like the basic beginners setup where i can just drop in a battery and be out driving in a few seconds. when i race i go into race mode, but when i want to have fun, i just want to get out there quickly and bash!

haha. since i got back in, i've had at most 11 different cars, buy and trading and selling. Stole most of them now but instead of numbers i have size now. Most of them are monster trucks now. and i plan and making custom big scale stuff soon.:D

so i bought it to!!!

mariusml1972 08-30-2007 12:23 AM

ORIGINAL: mindwreck

yeah starting, a brushed motor is good to start out with. brushless sensorless motors aren't too bad. the cogging and glitching you normally hear about is mainly during start up acceleration, like guning it off the line. It happens during those times because the ESC doesn't know where the magnet polarities are pointing. But while the cars already in motion and driving or drifting, the esc already knows where the polarities are so it will almost never glitch and throttle is just fine. it happens once awhile, i don't find the cogging thing too annoying.

personally i kind of like that initial glitching/cogging. kind of like real car reving, then when the thing stops glitching, its as if i dropped the clutch and i spin the tires and IM OFF in a cloud of smoke and dust:D

ORIGINAL: mariusml1972

yeah!!i didn't think of this aspect!!,sounds really fun!!:D:D

sitruc_bc 08-30-2007 12:49 AM

I was pretty inspired by the RC drifting videos on youtube, and I've always liked cars and trucks, and I've always had different RC cars in the past, like New Bright, maybe a Tyco RC, weird things. Anyways, after watching those videos a few times, I figured I'd look around some websites and to my surprise, I found a 5th gen Honda Prelude body. I knew it was a sign. I bought a TT-01R and built that, then I ordered a transmitter, battery, all the accessories. After I became familiar with the chassis, I started buying better parts, new tires and rims. Now I have four different motors for it, and I now have the carbon frame and the heat sink! I also have the Tamiya Rising Storm with the dirt tuned motor and some huge tires and the aluminum driveshaft. The Morale behind the story: RC is just awesome. :P

roadracerx 08-30-2007 09:24 AM

Hello Peoples.

Thanks to mindwreck & tiger76 for upgrade advice and all comments on car, got some gearing but have not upgraded motor as yet not sure weather to go with RS 540 sport tuned or Super stock TZ or RZ motor. when i get a new motor will get 24/25 gearing to up the speed a bit more

Have a new video of our TT-01 having fun drifting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k6D7ixdv-I

I took our car to local skate park and ran it in the skate bowl what a bunch of FUN will get some video footage and post it soon, should have taken the spoiler off, it was the only thing that broke[&o] and i gave it a realy hard time. seeing it do 180's at the top of the bowls face was mad:) and hugging the bowls wall heaps of fun:D. Also getting some big air had all the kids at the skate park amused.
The car is running bearings-shaft-heat sink-23/58 gearing, alloy motor mount, standard motor, home made foam inserts. alloy front stub axles and drifts on standard tyres with a bit of grease or old engine oil on the tyres it's great fun.

Thanks again to all contributors great forum
have fun and enjoy it all
RacerX & Sons

TIGER76 08-30-2007 10:15 AM

Good video roadracerx [sm=thumbup.gif]
looks like your having fun :D:D

sanshu 08-30-2007 10:59 AM

hi guys,it's me again!
what's a front one way axel for
and do i have to buy the one way shaft to?
well i already buy the one way axel i instal it but doesn't seem to fit right
the front wheels are spining freely and it' s making noises?
what can i do?