Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
 FMS with realflight controller >

FMS with realflight controller

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

FMS with realflight controller

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMS with realflight controller

Anyone try FMS with the realflight controller? I have the controller but software was stolen. Trying to get FMS to work with the RealFlight controller...no luck yet
Old 09-16-2003, 06:08 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: FMS with realflight controller

RCJones -

The RealFlight controller will work with FMS. I use the InterLink controller (RealFlight USB) for G2, AeroFly Pro and FMS. For FMS, you will have 5 channels.

Kanain
Old 09-16-2003, 07:56 PM

It works with mine,you have to go to controller section and set it up.you must have controller in your computer still.
Good Luck
CORO KID
Old 09-17-2003, 07:37 AM

I am plugging mine into the game port on the sound card. Its not showing up in FMS at all. I must have another issue, with the card or the port. Hopefully not the controller
Old 09-17-2003, 11:00 AM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Reading the Real Flight Game controller by the Computer

There has to be several things to fit together to make your simulator work. First of all without actually running the simulator program, we have to see if the computer is reading the USB Adapter? Then we have to determine if the computer is reading your Real Flight controller. If you get all this working, then we can work on the simulator itself.

USB ADAPTOR
At the beginning screen on your computer, with just the ICON’s showing, go to the bottom left of the screen and left click your mouse on the green START button.

There will be a new START window to pop up on the left of your computer. At the right hand column of the start selections near the bottom of the list, there is a selection “RUNâ€. Click on this selection.

There will be a new little window to appear in the bottom left of your screen. Click your cursor in the white banner to the right of where it says OPEN.

Type in dxdiag and click on the OK.

A big window will pop up that says DirectX Diagnostic Tool in its blue banner. There will be several selections of pull down windows like System, DirectX files, etc. There will be one that says INPUT that you will want to click on.

Now there will be a window with some selections in it like Mouse, Keyboard, etc. The last one should read USB ADAPTER when you scroll down to it.

If this has proven TRUE, then click your mouse on all the red X’s in the upper right corner until you get back to your normal first screen. You have just determined that the computer sees the USB ADAPTER.

REAL FLIGHT GAME CONTROLLER
Now click on the green START button again. In the new window, click on CONTROL PANEL. There will be another new window to appear that has pictures of different parts of your computer and their names. Click on the one that says PRINTERS AND OTHER HARDWARE.

On this window, you will see selections like MOUSE, KEYBOARD, etc. Click on the one that says GAME CONTROLLER.

There will be another window to pop up that says USB ADAPTER in the blue banner. Under this blue banner are pull down selections like ADD, REMOVE, etc. Click on the one that says PROPERTIES.

Then a new window will appear on top of everything else that has some selections like SETTINGS & TEST. Click on TEST.
Now, yet another window will appear on top of the others. This window has a square with a plus sign in the middle of it. If you move your right joystick on the Real Flight controller, you should see this + sign wiggle around? Don’t worry so much about the left joystick as you will not be able to determine a whole lot but you can try and see what happens to satisfy your own curiosity? The three switches (buttons) on the controller are indicated by a row of lights along the bottom of this window. Try them and see if the lights come on?

The main point here is to see if the computer is reading your Real Flight controller. If everything is OK, click on all the red X’s again to get back to your original screen that you normally see.

NOW WHAT?
If this is all OK, then we are going to have to work on the Flight Software itself.

Jim
Old 09-17-2003, 11:42 AM

Thanks for your help,

but I'm not usb with this one. it plugs into the game port on the soung card
Old 09-17-2003, 02:50 PM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You still want to confirm that the computer is reading the game card's presence (it will say GAME PORT instead of USB) and that it is reading the Real Flight Controller. If you pass these two hurdles, then you know your problem is with the software of your simulator.

It's just a process of elimination that helps you get to where the problem really is. The main factor when repairing something is to isolate the problem. Then just concentrate on the problem area. Otherwise, you will be fixing things that are not broken.

However, I've done all this and the Real Flight controller works perfect with Real Flight itself even with the USB adaptor, but only channels 1 & 2 work with FMS. I can get a little blip from channel 4 and thats it. Apparently, FMS does not have the proper drivers to completly use channels 1 - 4 plus the 3 switches? They have always perferred to use the ports on a computer other than the Game or USB ones. []

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 11-17-2003, 03:21 PM

what is the best flight simulator to learn 3D Flight (NOT to play like in a video-game). I want a realistic simulator that behave like reality. (Fancy paysage are less important that "real bahaviors)

what do you propose
Old 11-17-2003, 05:42 PM
My Feedback: (9)

My controller didn't work with fms at first. Kept fiddling with the calibration and now it works fine on all four channels. It is in USB port.

Good luck with yours
Old 01-01-2004, 01:31 AM

I willl sell you a coppy of realflight for cheap if interested contact me at

[email protected]