Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

How to get the older upgrades to work under win

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

How to get the older upgrades to work under win

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 12:20 PM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default How to get the older upgrades to work under win

Hi, I have rf3.5 running on my laptop and I have tried to get the older upgrdes for the winxp to run and it loads like is downloading from the disk and it just stops and gives no error code on both disks. I went to GP/Horizion tech support twice in the last 6 months and they walked me through the compapatability settings with win 10 and like I said it just stops and no error codes. I hope there a computer person out there that can help me to get this loaded as I dont want to get the newer version!
Thank You
Michael Johnston
Old 09-24-2019, 07:52 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Some programs built for XP simply don't work with 10, even though technically they should in compatibility mode.You may be out of luck.
On a personal note, I was in your town a few weeks ago. I flew in the SPA contest at the city park facility. Are you a member there?
Old 09-25-2019, 11:12 AM
mkjohnston

Hi Jester, Yes I am a member of The Wichita RC club and I didn't compete in the contest as I got out there late in the afternoon. I work nights and usually I get off between 2 am to 8 am depending on the load. I walked down the line and talked to a few people and visited with people I know. I might of even said hi to you along the. What airplane do you compete with in the SPA. I have a TH Kaos ARF which Is not ready to fly yet. The club is having their annual funy fly October 11 to the 13th at the other field out Lake Arrowhead which is 20 miles SE of town. I might go and it depends how early I get off on saturday morning
So I upgraded to RF 9 on my new computer as I just got it last Saturday and I was show my wife the transmitter and flipped one of the switches on the new Spectrum TX and it broke off in my hand so now I get to send it back to Horizon and they are going to replace it
Take Care
Michael Johnston
Old 09-25-2019, 12:24 PM
jester_s1

I had the orange and white Sweetater. My wife and daughter were with me at the contest. I'd like to make that fun fly, but October is such a busy month. If you get your Kaos flying, come join us in Fort Worth at Thunderbird field for one of the 2 SPA events. I promise there won't be a problem if you don't do the maneuvers perfectly.
Old 09-25-2019, 01:25 PM
mkjohnston

I appreciate the invite and due to my job I cant make it and I probably wont get to attend the fun fly either. but who knows maybe I will get off early enough to come out there.
Thank You
Michael
Old 09-25-2019, 01:28 PM
mkjohnston

Where you in the pit area or did you did you have your own over down to south.from the pit?
Michael
Old 09-26-2019, 03:46 AM
jester_s1

I was in the pit area. Most FTW guys brought their own canopies, but I didn't.