Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

FMS throttle at takeoff

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

FMS throttle at takeoff

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 06:48 PM
quint-rcu
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMS throttle at takeoff

I set up FMS on my son's PC to use his joystick and keyboard. The problem is that using the throttle increase/decrease keys the model won't build up speed for takeoff. The only way is to use the 'full throttle' key to get it going, but that is not satisfactory. Anybody else have this problem or knows what to do to fix it? (Other than using a TX to PC interface - lol)

quint
Old 07-23-2002, 07:23 PM
Steve Lewin

I'm curious. Why do you think it "not satisfactory" to go straight to full throttle for take-off ? That's exactly what 99% of the pilots at my club field do and it seems to work fine. It certainly works in FMS.

Let's face it, if you're messing about with keyboard and joystick instead of using a Tx interface it can't possibly be accurate anyway. That simply isn't how people fly R/C planes.

Steve
Old 07-24-2002, 01:25 AM
quint-rcu

I do use a TX interface, however he's either a.) too poor, b.) too cheap, or c) not comited to buying an interface until he sees if he likes/needs FMS so he wants to use his keyboard/joystick to try it out. The full throttle option with the keyboard only works on his PC if you keep the key held down and that's a sucky way to fly it. I agree he should use his TX, then again, he could spend a few $$ and go for a real quality sim like G2 (which is still not a 100% acurate substitute for stick time). What the heck, #1 son is 40 and he and grandson are spending the inheritance fast enough on RC and we fly almost every day year round. -
The question still remains how to ramp up the throttle on FMS using the keyboard as the developer claims the program can do. Do you know how to do this?

quint

P.S.
In the last 45 years of modeling I learned not all planes take slaming the throttle all the way on take off. Some times and some planes require gradual throttle application. Try it on your Cub or scale plane sometime.
Old 07-24-2002, 04:18 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no idea, but full throttle key seems to work that way only. The other keys were working for me but you had to tap them for increments. Now that I have the cable interface and calibrated the tx, I seem to have lost the keys for throttle up and down, just like you described. Perhaps you should recalibrate the joystick??????
Old 07-24-2002, 10:05 AM
quint-rcu

Thanks and I'll try that. Perhaps I best buy him an interface cable and save all that time, eh?

quint
Old 07-25-2002, 08:38 PM
WRXlovr

Default Re: FMS throttle at takeoff

Originally posted by quint
I set up FMS on my son's PC to use his joystick and keyboard. The problem is that using the throttle increase/decrease keys the model won't build up speed for takeoff. The only way is to use the 'full throttle' key to get it going, but that is not satisfactory. Anybody else have this problem or knows what to do to fix it? (Other than using a TX to PC interface - lol)

quint
Id its not "satisfactory" to use the full trottle key then it souldnt be satisfactory to use keyboard and joystick on an rc simulator