Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Real Flight G3!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 11:40 PM
E*nealio
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Real Flight G3!

Thank god i got a new comp.
Pent 3.2 G
17" Flat panel
Radeon Pro 128mb
512 mb ram

That should be able to take advantage of the new features in G3.......I hope
Old 10-21-2004, 03:28 PM
davis4130
My Feedback: (1)

I have a pretty well outfitted computer and work in a hobby shop- I should be able to get this thing pretty soon because GP will sometimes send trials for their distributors. I'll let you guys know how it goes- I've been flying fixed for 10 years and helis for 4 so I should hopefully be able to give an accurate assessment of physics. So you know what I'll be working with -
3.4 GHz Hyper-Threaded Processor
2 G Dual Channel Corsair Ram
Raedon 9800 Pro 256 MB Accelerator
800 Mhz Front Side Bus
Old 10-21-2004, 04:07 PM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Hi Bagde,
Glad to hear your comeing back after G3 comes out. Im still waiting for a my two Edge 540 scemes. The Hanger 9 120 & the Seagull 90 size sceme. Let me know if they will be redally available.
Are you going to be hosting any compatition events this winter?
NEDYOB
Old 10-21-2004, 05:02 PM
r1derbike

Also ordered G3 with all add-ons. Have an athlon 64 machine with nVidia card (128 mb). May have to get their top-of-the-line graphics card to crank-in more resolution. Have a nice 19 inch flat-screen Samsung monitor to view it on. 1 GB ram.

Been playing with FMS for a week or so. New FMS 2.0 8 Alpha is nice, especially for a free sim, but I need something much more, so don't mind paying for something.

Charles (r1derbike)

http://photobucket.com/albums/v402/r1derbike/
Old 10-22-2004, 08:04 AM
Badge
My Feedback: (21)

Not sure if I will, I will have to wait and get it and start playing around, and depending on if time permitts. I sold G2 over 5-6 months ago and bought AFP but didn't really care for it because I couldn't edit anything very easily and the textures were horrible quality. I am glad G3 is coming out so that I can finally get back into it. I have several schemes I want to do for the 05 season based on my new giants and a few others that will allow me to sink my teeth into it. My biggest wish is that I am finally able to add parts to the top of the cowl.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:47 AM
drumbum

AFP works for me. after adding the FREE airplanes and the FREE real PHOTO scenery. I will take my $200 and buy a new plane instead. My .02 cents hey that makes it $200.02 to buy another plane[:-]
Old 10-24-2004, 01:49 PM
r1derbike

It is odd, that the pre-release hype (especially since G3 is slated for mid-November) expounds on all the virtues and qualities of the sim. It's been tested by world-class and TOC RCers. It has active scenery. It has a new physics flight engine. It is touted as the best sim for RC on the planet.

I've already pre-ordered it, but am getting cold feet because of issues; who are the world-class pilots that have tested this sim? Where are their reviews/webpages? Where are screenshots of this new/wondrous sim? I've searched hi/low for any relevant information (besides hype and fluff) on G3, and cannot come-up with ANYTHING concrete enough to make an informed decision about purchasing it.

Can someone prove me wrong in thinking that pre-ordering G3 is like getting just the key to a hot new Porsche, without getting to sit in it, or drive it? ;-}

Charles
Old 10-24-2004, 02:28 PM
sadok

Are you 100% positive about G2 not being upgradable to G3 ?? I ordered my only G2 last week and I didnt even know about G3 coming up, the package is still on shipping. This would mean that future updates and planes might not be compatible as well, this doesnt sound right to me, isnt it? [:@]

Regards
Sadok
Old 10-24-2004, 09:22 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Charles,
Anyone involved in testing the sim has probably signed a non-disclosure agreement. They won't talk about it to maintain their reputation in the hobby since that would be a breach of confidence that they agreed to uphold.

Having tried all three sims I am confident you won't be disapointed.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:27 PM
Badge

I cancel or send back your G2 and get G3 it works with all the G2 addons and even comes packaged with them if you want to.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:42 PM
r1derbike

BasinBum:

Thanks! I had suspected a zipped-lip clause. BTW, I'm flying on 6 meters...I noticed your call...mine is KG5JJ, been a ham since 1977, link below, just click on the ham radio gallery, for my station, and other hobbies. Flower gallery to keep my GF (Petra) happy!

Will be awaiting RF G3 with renewed enthusiasm. I've been laid-up for 3 weeks now, motorcycle accident, going to need shoulder surgery next week, darn it. Will be off work for 6 more weeks after the surgery.

Givin' FMS a workout, but need G3!

73 KG5JJ (Charles)

http://photobucket.com/albums/v402/r1derbike/
Old 10-26-2004, 09:29 PM
Plane Addicted
My Feedback: (49)

Humm, I am new to large aerobatic airplanes and $200 plus maybe another $300 - $400 for computer upgrades is very reasonable! Trying, learning, new 3D or aerobatic maneuvers on the sim is better than trying it with my $2700 80!QUOT! CAP and slamming it into the ground. I know, I know a crash dosn't cost the entire amount that you have invested in your airplane. But totaling an airframe, bending a crank, maybe a servo or two, maybe some striped gears, It all adds up and the money invested in a sim is CHEAP. And that is only one incident, how many airframes would it take to get to the next level? Oh, by the way G3 rocks! I had an opportunity to try it out at the Chicago trade show. I can't wait to get it.

Plane Addicted
Old 10-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Plane Addicted

Opps, I forgot, I was told in Chicago that the rebate is $50.00
Old 10-27-2004, 01:58 AM
BasinBum

Addicted,
I crashed thousands of dollars worth of planes on the sim learning to torque roll and rolling circles. The next step is to invest in a foamy/brushless/li-poly plane and take what you learn on the sim to that. Those two investments will pay off big time.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:06 AM
Plane Addicted

BasinBun,
I totaly agree!!! I'n on my second fomy electric, just for that reason, before I stall my CAP and have repair jobs on my hands. With a small family time is very importain to me. Repairs take a long time to me, with only a few hours a week that I can get away to my work shop without being interupted by the kids, not that that is a bad thing, they just need there time also.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:58 AM
Badge

Donalds Hobby has G3 for only 170.00 with free shipping
Old 10-27-2004, 08:17 AM
r1derbike

Ouch! 30 bucks off from Tower's price...do they charge your card before the merchandise is even shipped? ;-}

I've already ordered from Tower...

I'll be looking into Donald's for future purchases! (must do a bizrate search)

Charles
Old 10-27-2004, 11:35 AM
Badge

No he doenst, he has the best price on everything on his site, I order all my servos from him as well he routinly comes in 20-40 bucks cheaper on everything.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:36 AM
Badge

Right now tower has a coupon out in their mags that will let you save 20 bucks on purchases over 150 so don still saves you 10 bucks more
Old 10-27-2004, 02:57 PM
martinoto

Sorry for the silly question, but from I read here, it looks like flying G3 is like flying the real think... Do you really can learn 3D aerobatics with (any) sim? If this is true, 200 is really cheap, no matter how you measured it. Just think about flying rainy days or at night, every day... also, no matter if you are not planning to crash, think the money you save in gas, servos and bearings..

But, again, all this is true if, once you've mastered a new maneuver at the PC you can safely grab your plane and do it for real.... with no additional help...

My only sim experience is just few minutes on FMS, and I did not get that impression. So, is G3 that good? I mean, planes react the same way? I am no questioning your opinions here, I really want to know. G2 is the first ad you get from Tower's catalog, and I always wonder if it is a good training tool.

Thanks,
Old 10-27-2004, 03:21 PM
r1derbike

Thanks for the referral, Badge...I don't mind saving money one bit! ;-}

Charles
Old 10-27-2004, 03:31 PM
Badge

I consider myself an advanced or very capable pilot, I don't buy any sim to learn how to 3D etc to me its not like the real thing. Now if you are a novice looking to get the feel for flying an rc plane than yes a sim is a great start. I buy these for pure enjoyment, flying online with friends seeing where we can and cant touch with our rudders without our planes ending up in a huge heap of parts etc.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:04 PM
drumbum

I agree you cant just go out and fly it after you master it on a sim. I learned tork rolling in a hover on AFP and look like a pro. but when i got to the real thing it took a lot more time to get it. I still think that learning 3d on the sim will help loads on the real thing because you allready know what to do. but you cant just program a plane to hover and say i learned it. G2 isnt even close on 3d so forget about that. aerofly is better but still... G3 will probably be better than aerofly on 3d (dont quote me). I take a plane on aerofly and dont mod anything exept prop size and motor torque. the defaults are in metric so i do them in standard and prop them like my planes. say 16x4 etc. and then practise. It has helped me bunches. but be prepared when you get to the real thing because it is almost never the same. just the controls are. and thats where it helps me. (no this is not a plug for aerofly but thats what I personally use) G2 will not 3d well but is an exellent tool to learn to fly. I have soloed 2 friends this summer that practiced on G2. 1 of them soloed after just 4 real flights. so i think they are very helpfull
Old 10-27-2004, 05:23 PM
BasinBum

Like I said before I learned to torque roll on G2. You can set up a plane to do it easier than the real thing or harder but you'll still need to eventually do it on the real thing. Same thing for rolling circles and for me the main differance is getting past the fear of crashing so electric foamies are a great transition. I can still torque roll better than several friends who are better pilots than me but don't have a sim to practice on. Also, if I don't fly for a while but spend time on the sim it helps a lot for when I do get back out.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:29 PM
r1derbike

I just got my add-ons for Real Flight (no G3 yet, darn it!) with no "platform" to fly them, until G3 gets here. Herein lies the question; is it not possible to make back-up copies of those disks? They will not copy with several utilities I have. I've always made backups of my software, in case of a mishap or scratched original, and it has saved my butt many times. I do realize (after reading the disk) that it says it is illegal to make copies of this disk now, but I read that to mean, "if you scratch/abuse this disk, you will have to buy another one, like-it-or-not..."

Thoughts?

Charles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.