Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

RealFlight G3 Basics - Newbies apply here

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

RealFlight G3 Basics - Newbies apply here

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 10:47 AM
lomcevak509

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RealFlight G3 Basics - Newbies apply here

No idea, the stock one from the Dell system we bought. I think its an intel something or other.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:50 AM
peefiddyonefan
Banned

jaafit he has mentioned several times that hes using PAINT SHOP PRO STUDIO which is a different product than PAINT SHOP PRO9. I bet PAINT SHOP PRO STUDIO doesnt support targa files.

ORIGINAL: jaafit

ORIGINAL: nedyob

Hello Jaafit,
I get as far as the tga file in the G3 coro sceme folder and when I click on it I get this warning:
"Paint cannot read this file.This is not a valid bitmap file or its formate is not currently suported"
Have any ideas on whats wrong, Im womdering if my Pait Shop Pro Studio will work.
NEDYOB
Your computer thinks that you want .tga files to open with Microsoft Paint, not Jasc Paint Shop Pro. Here's one way to solve that:

1. Open Jasc Paint Shop Pro
2. Go to the "File->Preferences" menu and choose "File Format Associations"
3. In this dialog, find and check ".tga" and click OK

Now you should be able to double-click a .tga file and Jasc Paint Shop Pro will open it.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:07 PM
rcbrett420

I also am grttin a (no information packet was sent) or something like that. Computre illiterate
Old 01-20-2005, 06:26 PM
rcbrett420

Also when i try to host a session it says ( unable to find a public IP address. please check network settings) Please help
Old 01-20-2005, 06:34 PM
jaafit

ORIGINAL: rcbrett420

Also when i try to host a session it says ( unable to find a public IP address. please check network settings) Please help
Are you behind a router or a firewall?
Old 01-21-2005, 11:54 PM
Smithaw
My Feedback: (2)

i got G3 today and i think it's pretty cool but i dont have anything to compare it too. One question is can i connect my JR Century 7 to the interface and fly the helis with it cause when i plug it in it don't do anything. I wanted to use it but not sure how. Also is there any training program to actually teach you how to fly helis? I went into insturctor and all i say training for was flips and dives and Tornadoes and stuff like that. Is there a beginner training for heli somewhere?
Old 01-22-2005, 12:00 AM
oconnor

syco my jr works fine but its not a heli radio? not sure as for the training i dont think heli training is. just a guess though havent found it on mine pretty sure. Good luck
Old 01-22-2005, 12:21 AM
Smithaw
My Feedback: (2)

Thats odd. Even when i plug my JR TX into the interlink and then go into game and hit select controller it just shows the interlink joystick and not my JR TX.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:12 PM
oconnor

try going to multiplayer thats probably why ive never just tried it stand alone.It should work there the connection on the back is a little weak alomost need a peice of tape ive had mine cut out because of that.hope it helps good luck and fun flying.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:56 PM
jaafit

ORIGINAL: Leety

Why do I get..
failed to send player packet

when trying to join some multi games?
anything I can do to fix it? or is it on the hosts end?
also, what port #s does G3 multi use? (so I can host)

thanks.
UDP 2300-2400

We also use a TCP port to connect. this is typically 2032 on the router, but
it could be anything on your local computer.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:08 PM
jaafit

ORIGINAL: Little_Syco

i got G3 today and i think it's pretty cool but i dont have anything to compare it too. One question is can i connect my JR Century 7 to the interface and fly the helis with it cause when i plug it in it don't do anything. I wanted to use it but not sure how.
It should work. Make sure your transmitter is on and not in PCM mode.

Also is there any training program to actually teach you how to fly helis? I went into insturctor and all i say training for was flips and dives and Tornadoes and stuff like that. Is there a beginner training for heli somewhere?
Unforturnately, none of the instructional recordings is for beginner heli pilots. We are considering creating additional recordings for this purpose. For now, I would suggest going to www.ircha.org and downloading one of their instructional guides.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:39 AM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Hello JAAFIT,
I ended up taking my Paint Shop Pro Studio back and got Paint Shop Pro 9. After installing it, I was able to go right into starting my own paint scemes. Works great. My first one looks like my 6 yr. old daughter colord it but with alittle time and practice it will look better.
Thanks for all your help.
NEDYOB
Old 01-25-2005, 01:24 AM
oconnor

[]2 bad no instruction for heli pilots . mine keeps shutting down while hosting and it sucks cause i am meeting some cool peeps.2 bad
probably my fault though of course.[&o]
Old 01-30-2005, 05:18 PM
TeamMoki3D
My Feedback: (24)

hye, anyone know how to make two smoke trails, like one on each wing tip?
Old 01-31-2005, 12:45 PM
jaafit

ORIGINAL: TeamZenoah3D

hye, anyone know how to make two smoke trails, like one on each wing tip?
Yes. Here are the steps:
1. Load the aircraft you want to add smoke trails to.
2. In the Aircraft menu, choose "Edit [name of your aircraft]." The aircraft editor will appear.
3. In the aircraft editor, expand the "Airframe" item in the tree selection in the lower left.
4. Right-click on the "Fuselage" item, which is under the "Airframe" item. From the menu that pops up, choose "Add Smoke Component." The new smoke component will appear in the tree and will be highlighted.
5. Edit the parameters of the new smoke component to your liking.

If you want the smoke to come out the wing tips, you will need to do step 4 twice (one for each wing) and change the "Location in Parent" vector's X value to get the origins to be at the wing's tips.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:37 PM
pphillipsjr
My Feedback: (3)

I just got G3 add on volume 3 and keep getting an error message when I select the Extra 300. If I click OK, I can fly the plane, but it's just this generic white plane with no color at all. I tried going to Edit, and Options for new color scheme but I click on it and nothing happens. Any suggestions?
Old 02-01-2005, 02:39 PM
jaafit

ORIGINAL: pphillipsjr

I just got G3 add on volume 3 and keep getting an error message when I select the Extra 300. If I click OK, I can fly the plane, but it's just this generic white plane with no color at all. I tried going to Edit, and Options for new color scheme but I click on it and nothing happens. Any suggestions?
We have been looking at this problem recently and now understand what causes it. This will be fixed in a future update. I wish I could just send you the texture file, but that won't work. Sorry about that.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:21 AM
mikenlapaz

jaafit
I have been looking at/for a simulator but cannot get a definite answer as to whether it will work with my present computer. It is a 'clone' put together professionally locally.

FCPGA Pentium III processor, Window 98 II OS, CD-ROM drive , CD-RW drive. The big hang-up is whether the PC 133 System board graphics will handle the simulator program.
It is described as
A)"onboard 128 bit 2d/3d 100Mhz Host interface AGP Graphics Accelerator with AGO V2.0;
B) shared memory architecture allows maximum of 64 MB main memory to act as buffer;
C)Supports high resolution up to 1920x1200 16M colors, upto 2048x2048 Texture size and Virtual screen up to 4096x4096;
D) Supports hardware DVD Accelerator

I would be very uphappy camper to order a program and find out to use it I would need to purchase a new computer.

I would like to interface my Futaba 9C for training and usage.
Hope you can assist.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:36 AM
chasrb

I have used Realfilght since it came out and now I have the G3 version. I have read through this forum and a few others and can say that I have had similar problems with the product e.g planes snap too easily, can't find where to turn off the 3d landscape, etc. My main difficulty now is after installing Add on 1,2,3,5 I can not seem to find the Add on 1 and 2 in the list for plane or airport selection. I can see entries for the Add on 3 and 5, however. I have also had Add on 1 and 2 end up replacing my realflight.exe and causing me to uninstall and reload G3.

I would also like to add my comments on not being able to use a joystick to fly with. I too have installed this on my laptop so I can practice while I travel about, but with G3 I am not longer able to use my Thrustmaster gamepad which worked with G1 and G2. Is there a work-around?

Also, is there any way to not use the Realflight controller as the connector for my field radios? Can there not be an usb connector adapter that allows for me not to use Realfilght controller as a adapter?

Thx

Chasman
Old 02-02-2005, 08:44 AM
chasrb

I forgot to mention that I have parts of the plane missing, like the Sukoi missing part of the fuse, the Huey missing the front of the cockpit and others. It is as if the polygons do not draw on them. I'll take a screen shot later today and post.

Thx
Chasman
Old 02-02-2005, 01:01 PM
jaafit

ORIGINAL: mikenlapaz

jaafit
I have been looking at/for a simulator but cannot get a definite answer as to whether it will work with my present computer. It is a 'clone' put together professionally locally.

FCPGA Pentium III processor, Window 98 II OS, CD-ROM drive , CD-RW drive. The big hang-up is whether the PC 133 System board graphics will handle the simulator program.
RealFlight G3 will not work on your computer. G2, however, most certainly will.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:18 PM
jaafit

ORIGINAL: chasrb

after installing Add on 1,2,3,5 I can not seem to find the Add on 1 and 2 in the list for plane or airport selection. I can see entries for the Add on 3 and 5, however.

Can there not be an usb connector adapter that allows for me not to use Realfilght controller?

Thx

Chasman

I haven't seen your add-ons problem before, so I don't know what to tell you. I'm sure you tried re-installing. Do you have enough hard disk space? Be sure to contact technical support if you haven't already.

Your second question is easier to answer. The G3 controller absolutely must be plugged in for G3 to run. This is our way of preventing people from copying the program. One benefit of this is that you will never have to get your G3 CD out for verification. Just keep the interlink controller plugged in and you will always be seconds away from flying. The downside is, as you mentioned, less flexibility for a travel version.

I'll check back here later for those pictures.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:49 PM
r1derbike

My controller arrived with G3 defective. The jack on the back was misaligned, and my transmitter would not plug-in, the throttle and rudder gimbal was not snapped into its saddle, causing the centering pin to dislodge. I was dead-in-the-water until I fixed the Interlink controller. When I found-out any other interface would not work with G3, that prompted me to fix it myself, rather than send-it-in with who knows how much down time.

The serial-numbering/registration of the controller locks-out any other interface, if the interlink fails. So, in addition to the copy protection it affords G3, it also penalizes loyal customers with sim downtime until the failed controller is replaced, or fixed.

This is unacceptable to me, and I've stated such here and elsewhere. Copy protection is fine, but when customers are inconvenienced because of it, it is a BIG negative with the customer service aspect of the sim.

Charles
Old 02-02-2005, 03:22 PM
mikenlapaz

jaafit
Thanks for the info.
1) Your site does not show G2 as being compatable with Futaba 9c (square connector). Is there an adaptor? Availability&Price please.
2) Please verify, the add-on's for G3 compatable for use on a G2?
3) As a discontinued item, available from prior owner, is any warranty tranferable? I found a listing for a NIB RealFlight G2 with Interlink TX
Thanks
Old 02-04-2005, 08:17 AM
chasrb

Still can't find out why the addon 1 nad 2 don't show up in the airplane list like 3 and 5 ..but I seemed to have found the poly display problem solution inadvertently. My display is an ATI Radeon M9000, the driver from Alienware did not support and caused display problems in Myst IV, so through that display problem search I found a source that had a resolution to my Myst IV problem and also solved the RFG3 one as well.

Chasman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.