Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Best Heli + Airplane Trainer?

Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Best Heli + Airplane Trainer?

Old 11-13-2005, 09:53 PM
rfaster
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Heli + Airplane Trainer?

Ok - I need to pull the trigger and purchase a trainer NOW. I'd like to get a trainer that will work for both Heli's and Airplanes. I plan to start flying planes and perhaps later going to Heli's. What's the best trainer for both - or is there one?

At current I am leaning towards AeroFly Pro Deluxe as I understand it is very good for planes - but I don't know how it compares to Reflex for Heli's.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:24 AM
Mr.Burns

Default RE: Best Heli + Airplane Trainer?

Lots of different views as to what's best, or personal best. I find G3 for heli's is absolutely great. For planes, G3 isn't easy, but that's what learning is all about. Flying with friends online with G3 adds a whole new dimension to sims, and is an absolute blast.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:12 AM
KurtHuebener

The week is over? Another thread about the pros and cons of the big three? Another fight with funny arguments, personal views and all that stuff.

Did you ever wonder about the function and meaning of the SEARCH buttom? You will find it top right in slight yellow, the 3rd from right.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:04 AM
rfaster

I was looking for folks who could comment on its use for planes and for helis' - apparently folks don't use this sim for heli's as I did not get any responses. I decided to make the purchase and hope for the best when it comes time to fly Heli's.
ORIGINAL: Mr.Burns

Lots of different views as to what's best, or personal best. I find G3 for heli's is absolutely great. For planes, G3 isn't easy, but that's what learning is all about. Flying with friends online with G3 adds a whole new dimension to sims, and is an absolute blast.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:10 AM
DarkWombat

To be honest I don't think that there is much to flying airplanes. If anything you could probably use FMS for that kind of stuff. Where you really want your money to go to is a sim that does helis well. Planes, in my opinion, are MUCH more predictable. Helis...they're a beast you're trying to tame. I hear G3 does helis the best. If it does helis so well, I'd expect it to do airplanes fine.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:35 AM
MarkJayne

Reflex XTR is the best for heli's and plane's. I've used every other sim out there (G3, AFPD).
It also has the best graphics.

Mark.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:35 PM
rfaster

Well - I ordered AFPD for planes - based on the reading the forums it appears most agree its best for planes. Looks like I may need to pick up reflex if I decide to learn how to fly my Rap 60.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:28 AM
skirtz

Before start spending, you can try [link=http://rcflightsim.com]this one [/link] with your windows gamepad.