Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

G3

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 01:12 PM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default G3

What is the best way to make the size of the plane bigger with G3. I want it to fly the same, just bigger so it is easer to see. When I make the size bigger the plane fly’s way to slow and floats. Thanks George
Old 11-18-2005, 09:29 PM
jaafit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: G3

You changed the visual scale in the editor, I assume. Slower flying in that case is actually an illusion. It looks slower because it is bigger.

One thing you can try to prove this is to activate the binocular gadget and put it in front of the plane so that it is blocked. Then click elsewhere on the screen to make the gadget alphaed out. Now you will see the same effect of your plane slowing down. Again, it's an illusion.

If you are having trouble seeing the plane, there are a number of things you can try.

* Turn on the binocular gadget (View->Gadgets->Binocular). Keep it in the corner of the screen and look at it peripherally so you know how your plane is oriented.

* Increase brightness (Settings->Graphics->Quality->Brightness) to make your aircraft brighter

* Increase your resolution. If you are using windowed mode (the default mode for RealFlight) you do this by increasing your desktop resolution. If you are using full-screen mode, you can change the resolution in Setting->Graphics->Hardware

* Change zoom modes by pressing the 'z' key. There are 3 different modes, each with its own advantages. Auto-zoom is good if you tend to fly far away from yourself.

* If you prefer the "Manual" zoom mode, you can zoom in manually by pressing the +/- keys on your keyboard. This will zoom in on the entire scene though, making it more difficult to tell where your aircraft is in relation to everything else.