Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Realflight G3 Expansion Pack 1 website

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Realflight G3 Expansion Pack 1 website

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 04:12 AM
nemo_uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Realflight G3 Expansion Pack 1 website

Here is a link to the website for the new Realflight G3 Expansion Pack 1 ... http://www.realflight.com/products/gpmz4111index.html

available from Tower Hobbies soon ... http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLUS3&P=7

video from Tower hobbies ... http://video1.hobbico.com/gallery/gpmz4111-deluxe.mpg (14MB)

It looks like the schedule has slipped a bit. It was saying end of Feb its now saying mid March. But at least the price has dropped as well $32 down to $30.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:13 PM
r1derbike

Default RE: Realflight G3 Expansion Pack 1 website

I pulled my order from Tower as quickly as it was made...

...seems I had an $18.00 plus credit that wasn't redeemed for over a year, and now the credit has been rescinded, plus other service charges have been attached, which will be charged to my present order.

Those other charges were not itemized in my email from Tower, and frankly, after cancelling the expansion pack order, I won't be dealing with them any more, whatever their excuse.

I also had many issues with their shipping/packing. Heavy items like batteries just thrown in a box with inadequate padding. Three shipments arrived damaged because of little or no packing material included.

While I'm sure many love Tower, and have received decent service, this is the last straw for me personally.

I'm only writing this to vent, and of course, perhaps warn others of their practices. I was not notified of this removal, nor told of any service charges being accrued because of non use.

I'm still going to purchase the G3 expansion pack from another dealer (there are many who would love your business, do a search).

The real irony of this, is Great Planes contacted me quite a time ago, to ask permission to use something I had said in these forums in their advertising campaign, and payment for services rendered was...you guessed it...a new add-ons they were develolping. Perhaps they didn't use my statements in the ad campaign, or the new add-on is technically called an "expansion pack", whatever, but if anyone has seen anything I've said here in print in a Great Planes ad, please PM me with the details...

Charles

Email below:

> Dear Tower Hobbies Customer,
>
> Thank you for writing Tower Hobbies. Any credits
> left on your account
> with us can be used toward a future order. Any
> credit not redeemed or
> refunded within a one-year period will be assessed a
> service charge fee.
> Any outstanding balance dues will be applied to your
> next order. This
> credit has already been assessed service charges and
> is no longer on
> your account. We apologize for the inconvenience.
> We appreciate your
> time and your business with us.
>
> -Tower Hobbies
> http://www.towerhobbies.com
Old 02-06-2006, 08:16 PM
mausoman
My Feedback: (6)

Hi and help! I just purchased realflight G3 from reuniverse (used) and I need to register to get latest updates. Because it is used and registered once with my serial # it wont let me register. Any suggestions?Thanks, Michael
Old 02-06-2006, 08:42 PM
nemo_uk

you can download the latest update directly … http://12.156.2.54/downloads/RealFlight3_00_410.exe (180 MB)
Old 02-06-2006, 11:12 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

mausoman Hey do you know the guy you bought the program from ? if you can get in touch with him you need to get him to call Knife Edge and have them reset the registration for your copy of Real flight. You will need to have the original owner do this. Once he calls and resets the registration then you will be able to register the copy of real flights.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:21 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Hey Charles, I think I saw them quote you in an advertisment when you said, "While I'm sure many love Tower, and have received decent service, this is the last straw for me personally." It was for their new RC plane called Sour Grapes.

Mausoman,
Call them during business hours and they can reset it for you right away. They will want the numbers off the CD and the Interlink and bam it's done.

Charles...speaking of the phone, why don't you call Tower and see if they can do better and while you are at it drop a note to Real Flight about your credit.

Oh...and Nemo, thanks for the heads up I'm gonna check out that link.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:34 PM
r1derbike

Way ahead of ya' there, Basin...

Short answer is "we're sorry for the inconvenience, thank-you for being a valued customer."

Sour Grapes doesn't quite mirror the situation, how about molded raisins?

Why should I waste any more of my precious time beating a dead horse with Tower, when I could waste it here and perhaps warn other customers about problems?

Charles
Old 02-08-2006, 03:04 PM
3DSAVAGE

what exactly is the update?
i uploaded it and i got nothing...
Old 02-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Evanator

ORIGINAL: 3DSAVAGE

what exactly is the update?
i uploaded it and i got nothing...

The update for G3 just makes it run smoother 3DSAVAGE
Old 02-08-2006, 06:37 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

That stinks. Now that I watched that vid, I have to buy it now. Especially since it has a flying Lawn Mower in it.

50%
Old 02-09-2006, 01:13 PM
jaafit

You have to be careful with downloading those updates manually because you generally want to make sure you have the version previous to the version it's updating to, or you may encounter problems. The launcher is much easier and less error-prone.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:33 PM
3DSAVAGE

oh, ok...