Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Need G3 DISC ONLY!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Need G3 DISC ONLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 09:44 PM
jimbo_98
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need G3 DISC ONLY!!!

Wondering if anyone can help out a beginner of where can I get a G3 DISC ONLY cause I have a cable for my controler all I need is a DISC?Thanks Jim
Old 02-15-2006, 10:04 PM
rjm1982

Default RE: Need G3 DISC ONLY!!!

U cant just get the CD and use it, the interlink controll that comes with it also serves as a hardware lock to prevent piracy.

Spend the money or dont, but dont try to short change a good company with a good product
Old 02-15-2006, 11:27 PM
jimbo_98

Well I bought a cord that worls for g2 g3 areofly and fsm so I was just looking for a disc.Does anone have aerofly?
Old 02-15-2006, 11:32 PM
rjm1982

u cant just use an aerofly disc either, it too has a hardware lock
Old 02-15-2006, 11:38 PM
GutZee

There is no such cord that allows you to use G3 w/o the Interlink, that I'm aware of. Maybe your refering to a cord that connects to the Interlink for using your own control with it. That IS posible. If you check the "For Sale" ads here and over at RCGroups.com, I'm sure you find someone selling one used and it should come with an Interlink and cables to connect your Futaba control too. But I think the Interlink will work better because it would offer more channels.

On the other hand.. If you're just trying to steal the software that we all had to pay for.. go somewhere else.[>:]
Old 02-16-2006, 01:42 AM
jimbo_98

Just to let you all know I do not intend to steal the program cause it is notroght andthey wil proly go out of buissness.Thanks Jim
Old 02-16-2006, 01:57 AM
frontman

andthey wil proly go out of buissness.

Why would they go out of business? Are you a business major? You have me worried now.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:21 AM
jaafit

Well I bought a cord that worls for g2 g3 areofly and fsm so I was just looking for a disc.
There exists no legal way to play G3 without the G3 interlink. Where did you get this cord?
Old 02-16-2006, 08:07 AM
rjm1982

Jaafit, this is as good a time as ever i guess to ask.

Why do you guys not release a small interlink box type deal? I run realflight on my laptop (which was built for running 3d studio...so it has no problem handling the game), so i like to take it with me. I dont mind carrying a transmitter...but what sucks is that I have to carry 2 if i want to use my 7C...and you know how much of a difference using a different TX makes things feel...why not just make a small box with the lock mechanism (still against hardware locks in general, but thats another discussion) and the same futaba mini connector on it? That way i could just put it in my laptop bag, and my TX in its case, and it would be alot better

I know the internals of the locking mechanism arent that big or complicated. I've even considered gutting my interlink and making one myself, but i dont like the idea of destroying it.

When A hardware lock becomes a burden to your customers (and it is, im far from the only person who feels this way, as seen in other posts here and elsewhere), its time to rethink it. Its even worse when you realize that there are already numerous torrents and listings in p2p programs with versions hacked already, I even made a usb emulator in .net that simulated the interlink enough to let the program launch (no, i didnt and WONT release it to anyone else) so i could work on 3d models and getting them into the game without having the interlink hooked up.

And using this as an alternative would bring down the price of the software and put it in even better compition with afpd (i for one dont see any ccompition, g3 is better IMO, but people who dont know tend to look at the price)
Old 02-16-2006, 08:37 AM
Prop Nut
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RJM, I think it is because RF is marketed to the new RCer that might not yet have a primary controller. A handy interface box would be a nice option though.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:47 AM
rjm1982

I understand that part, but like AFPD, they could offer with/without the tx...

I would pay (reasonably) for a smaller box even after having paid for the tx...just for the convenience
Old 02-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Kanain
My Feedback: (1)

I would also be so much more inclined to "advertise" G3 if you used a small dongle instead of the InterLink. I will NOT travel with G3 when I can wrap up my Reflex dongle, put it in my TX case, throw my laptop in it's bag and go. Keep your copy protection since you really favor it - I tell you though that in 20 years in the computer business, you aren't really accomplishing anything more than driving legitimate customers away - just give us the ability to plug a trainer port to USB cable into our TX, fire up G3 (which we already paid a serious price for) and fly. We installed it, you required the CD-Key and InterLink-key, what more do you want? I am not trying to be confrontational, but I personally believe that REQUIRING the I-Link is the WEAKEST-Link. When I am home sitting watching TV and my laptop is near by, the I-Link is in the USB port and I fly. Sometimes I just fly to keep my thumbs from getting dumb so I am not concerned about mixes or using my TX. But when I am on the road, lugging an I-Link or having to explain to someone screening at the airport as to why I have TWO seperate "electronic boxes with things sticking out of them" gets real old. At that point it's RealFRIGHT not RealFlight.

I am a registered G3 owner - even still own G2 - and have ALL the current add-ons. We are a LOYAL bunch, even when either the software developer or the distributor (more likely thet later) was trying to rake us over the coals. Even with the aircraft importer, I will probably open up my wallet yet again and purchase the planned Add-On 6 or whatever you decide to call it. We endoured all the AFP is great and G3 SUCKS abuse posted all over this and other forums, yet we held fast. Is asking to Not have to carry around a cumbersome plastic box that serves absolutely NO OTHER PURPOSE just to much to ask?
Old 02-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Kanain
My Feedback: (1)

Oh - and as for Jimbo of the original thread - YOU CAN'T JUST BUY THE DISC. Well, you can, but it won't work without the controlloer.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Rat1

Correct me if I am wrong but when you load the disc then you have to key in a code that comes on the box or on the disc to register the sim with Real Flight. For the user to sell the sim then I am under the understanding that they have to unregister it with realflight so that it can be re registered on a dif computer.

I might be wrong but this is what I was told. This keeps people from sharing the disc with other users for free. So unless someone wants to give up their G3 then I highly doubt you will get just the disc.

So you are going to have to go out and purchase the complete sim like everyone else.

So open up your wallet and fork it over.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:56 AM
zurie

I own logica audio platinum (puchased by apple) which I know had a huge development cost on the protection algorithm of XSKEY. XSKEY was a mini USB harddrive dongle that actually wrote encrypted hash's into the KEY and authorized software... it was suppose to be the end all of dongle's and was suppose to be virutally unhackable... I paid 2,000 dollars for this program (with many upgrades) and even though i felt like I was getting a great product I hated that stupid key. a bad power failure on my USB hub cauesd the hub to flicker on and off rapidly and it damaged my key. i had to wait a month to get a new dongle sent and had to have all my authorizations revoked and reinstaed through 3 different channels of customer support, databases, all this work. and after all that, i look on the internet, and there is a readlity avaliable XSKEY dongle hack for logic audio... (sadface) Like many people have stated above me in this thread... dongle's only hurt the people that buy the actual product. The company spends money on a protection algorithm, manufacturing costs, development of the USB stick / code / challenge response / whatever... and it only thwarts the guy who buys the simulator and tries to share it with his friend... (not that its ok to do this). meanwhile, 12 year old kids with minimal computer experience can download realflight g3 with a dongle emulator and not only can they run the full thing, they can run it with their own transmitter plugged in without having to piggyback it to a giant interlink extra transmitter. all i am saying is, if your mission is to thwart every hacker, just make sure you don't alienate your legal customer base by making them jump through flaming hoops... because all those hoops mean nothing if the program is hacked and cracked, which I know realflight 3.5 is. especially if the cracked version offers a feature that legal customers are begging for (the ability to use 1 transmitter and not piggyback a interlink).. then something is drastically wrong.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Dazzaz

I love the G3 support... I purchased G3 about a month ago and it come with a severely scratched CD #3. I was able to get the disk to install only by using a friends copy. I registered the software and stuff online when I received it. I wrote them a quick little email explaining the scratch and they offered to replace it. emailed them my CD key for verification and about 3 days later I had a complete new 3 disk set mailed to me.

So far I really enjoy flying G3... I've tested some of the others and none of them seem nearly as well designed and polished as G3. I'm pretty sure that once I go out for training I'll be able to solo the next day because of training on the simulator (and old experience 15+ years ago).

If you are looking to learn to fly... then the purchase of the program + interlink is by far a worth purchase. I'd rather crash a million times in the simulator then crash a single plane learning to fly.

BTW - I agree with the fact that hardware locks SUCK especially with something as big as the Interlink. A simple cable dongle that allowed you to attach your own Tx would be more then ample.