Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

I wasted my money on G3, now which sim

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

I wasted my money on G3, now which sim

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 11:18 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I wasted my money on G3, now which sim

Actually, I think that within a year, G3 will have close to 1000 planes available.
And for every one plane that G3 has coming out, AFPD will have 2. There are a lot of Germans out there producing planes for AFPD and only AFPD.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:40 PM
ALMA

Oww, we have a trio now, that's interesting......Well, i think everyone must fly with the sim he like.
I have AFPD, Reflex and G2!
Reflex XTR lay here for one year unused in the box, G2 stay on me pc, i find G3 too much too expensieve for his quality, i play him sometime by a friend.....
AFPD is for my the sim with the mostly posibility's and i make also some things for it,so many people make many things for it and there come anytime more new things.
There by is there a enormous feedback for this sim, you stand never alone.
And OHYEAH, saw you the K Max heli? That's a Hitech item surplus, what sim does also today? They Contra-rotation is genial![X(]
But play what you want and PEACE, friends !

Greetings from Holland
Old 04-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Rick Delten

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Actually, I think that within a year, G3 will have close to 1000 planes available.
And for every one plane that G3 has coming out, AFPD will have 2. There are a lot of Germans out there producing planes for AFPD and only AFPD.
I don't think thats accurate at all. I think for every 1 plane that comes out for G3 their will be 20-30 new planes for AFPD and their will ultimately be 25,000 (or more) for AFPD by the end of this year. Each new plane for AFPD will be better than the previous one also.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:47 PM
r1derbike

Yah...AFPD has a veritable gold-mine of aircraft. Slam-dunk to AFPD on that point...

Charles
Old 04-02-2006, 02:59 PM
STLPilot

What's the matter Rick, bored and ready for another round of drama? I'm just so glad you didn't live up to your word, life would have been so boring.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Rick Delten

Bored? Well I admit that I don't get to stay busy writing "independent reviews" about my own products You are the CEO of what a dozen or so companies now? Amazing that you still find time to hang around here all day long (24/7) being that your companies are so succesful
Old 04-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Raylon

And after looking at allll those planes available, most are just crap and not the quality like Nemo and Rick and all the other models available at the Knife Edge Swap pages.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:57 PM
STLPilot

And after looking at allll those planes available, most are just crap and not the quality like Nemo and Rick and all the other models available at the Knife Edge Swap pages.
Yip gotta love them Germans, if there is one thing about them they really miss that attention to detail. Lots of Americans too like Geoff Haydt, Pat Libby. Another person wished they didn't waste their money on G3 too I see. (in line with thread poster).
Old 04-14-2006, 03:20 PM
twistercp

was guna get afpd - but saw these movies
www.phoenix-sim.com/pages/videos.htm
the scale stuff looks really gud
Old 04-14-2006, 03:52 PM
r1derbike

twistercp:

On their homepage, look at the bottom shot of the blue gyroplane. Where are the cylinders? The rocker arm covers and pushrod tubes are there, but some Klingon Cloaking device has hidden the cylinders...
Old 04-22-2006, 12:41 PM
slowingdown

I chose relflex because of the realistic flying environment. The sceneries are just like being at the flying field. The obstacles like trees and fences and stuff will get in the way and the planes will crash it they hit them. If you crash into a tree, the plane will tumble down the branches onto the ground unlsess it gets stuck on a branch just like the real thing. On the beach scene there are some high cliffs where sailplanes are flown. You can actually fly off the edge of the cliff and go land down on the beach. The wind comes off the ocean and creates a strong slope wind effect and you can soar along the cliff riding on the updrafts. I dont think any other programs scenery lets you descend off a cliff to fly down onto the beach. I thin reflex has the best modeling of sceneries. They actually photograph them with some kind of special camera system.

There are some great planes available to download too. I bought a couple from the new w3 site (w3g.us) of ones I have RC planes of. They fly exactly like my RC planes. I did have to adjust the CG and weight on one to match what my RC plane is and since then it's a perfect copy of my RC plane. I taught another guy to fly my pipr cub using reflex and then we went to the flying field and he flew it pretty good the first time. These sims are amazing. I've been flying RC for about 40 years and being able to learn with a sim is the best thing that ever happend. I'd be embarrased to tell you how many planes I crashed over the years learning to fly them.

I think reflex is best for realism of scenery and planes, but whichever one you get, you'll have a great time. Asking which one is best is kinda like asking which is better Ford or Chevy. It depends on what the guy you ask owns. Try them all if you can and then decide. Some sites have actual video of their planes flying in their scenery.

Good luck,

Harlan
Old 04-22-2006, 03:10 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: slowingdown

I chose relflex because of the realistic flying environment. The sceneries are just like being at the flying field. The obstacles like trees and fences and stuff will get in the way and the planes will crash it they hit them. If you crash into a tree, the plane will tumble down the branches onto the ground unlsess it gets stuck on a branch just like the real thing. On the beach scene there are some high cliffs where sailplanes are flown. You can actually fly off the edge of the cliff and go land down on the beach. The wind comes off the ocean and creates a strong slope wind effect and you can soar along the cliff riding on the updrafts. I dont think any other programs scenery lets you descend off a cliff to fly down onto the beach. I thin reflex has the best modeling of sceneries. They actually photograph them with some kind of special camera system.
umm, G3 has the same things and if you hit the tree, the plane will break.

There are some great planes available to download too. I bought a couple from the new w3 site (w3g.us) of ones I have RC planes of. They fly exactly like my RC planes. I did have to adjust the CG and weight on one to match what my RC plane is and since then it's a perfect copy of my RC plane.
G3 has the same thing, except the planes are free. AFPD also has many free planes, but I can't speak on the flight charecteristics.

These sims are amazing.
We can all agree.

50%
Old 04-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: 50%plane

AFPD also has many free planes, but I can't speak on the flight charecteristics.

50%
So you haven't flown AFPD ?
Old 04-28-2006, 04:57 PM
3dcrazy

hello, after hearing many upon many debates between g3 and afpd thought I would put my opion in on this one, well here it goes (try not to kill me if I something bad) I own G2,G3, and Afpd and I pearsonaly like G2,G3, and AFPD. Eatch hase there goods and bads just like any other sim out there but here are my reasons why I like them and do not like them at times:

1.G3- I just bought G3 about 2 weeks ago and ill admit at first I thought I just wasted my money and it was the worst sim out there, but I was so usto to g2. I think I jumped to conclusions at first, but after playing with it for a couple of nights and gettting usto to the new key assignments i really started to enjoy the sim the and the new things g3 hade to offfer some of the things I noteiced were:

the grapchics really improved alot since g2 the new photorealstic fields and I loved the crash effects (espically on heilcopters).

(these maunvers and physics were flown with all stock aircraft) the physcics (i think) really made a big step in the right direction before on g2 about the only 3d maunver you could do that looked good was the torq roll but with g3 harriers,rolllings harriers,inverted harriers,knife edge spins, waterfalls, pararchutes,walls,elevators, were all very well improved the only maunver that I have found so far that could be a little bit better were blenders but everything elese seemed right on the money.

but some bad things:

I do think the price could go down to about $150.00-$120.00

and all though downloadable aircraft have improved a little bite they still do not offer the wide variety of aircraft you can download from afpd are reflex

AFPD-as far as physics go I think AFPD is a little bite worser then g3 (not munch)but the grapchics are pretty equal and because of the wide selection of free aircraft I think they both come out neck and neck. Here are some of the things I like and do not like about Afpd

I love the wide selection of aircraft you can get anything from your little simple park flyer to your scale planes and heilcopters are your big all out 3d planes and heilcopters

You can open are close canopys,fold wings with a corsair, drop tanks in a p-51 (you can do these things with you aircraft you download not stock planes that come with the sim)

its cheaper then G3

Bad things:

the two things that I just have to say something about is you can not have flight failurs of any kind to me that just really brings the sim down just because in real life if you have a engine failure,striped servo,servo that is reveresed,engine is to rich,etc you can't prepare for it

and second you can never run out of fuel are battary power (another one that really brings the sim down) it bugs the heck out of me.

Like I said both have there good and bads just like any other sim out there, If I hade the money and hade to do it over again I would probaly do the same thing (and mybe get reflex since I have not tried it yet) but in the end result it depends on what you like not what other people like. This is just my opion take it for what it is worth

Old 04-28-2006, 06:18 PM
nose-over

ORIGINAL: 3dcrazy

and second you can never run out of fuel are battary power (another one that really brings the sim down) it bugs the heck out of me.

Reflex lets you adjust fuel or battery time.

Old 04-30-2006, 01:24 PM
ChicaWolverina

There's non of the kinetic zoominess to them, and they seem to look like they're filled up with helium and flying at 2/3 the speed they should appear to move at!

I use to have G2, and it was nicer in some ways for learning heli, and it did have the ability to change lift effect as you flew faster and faster, which I hear they didn't get right with the AeroFlight?

It's all great for basic orintaional work and so on, but it get's boaring quick when you know you can't get beyond it.

Allthough I've seen some amazing flight recordings done by kids that have tweaked things just so, but it's never explaned how they've done it so well.

But they all seem better than MSFS.

Ok... Sorry.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:16 AM
50%plane

ORIGINAL: nose-over

ORIGINAL: 3dcrazy

Reflex lets you adjust fuel or battery time.

G3 adjust your flight times due to the size of the tank/battery you select and the fuel draw of the motor.

50%
Old 05-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Logan826

Hate to open this thread back up, but it seems the best place.
I'm having problems with the knifedge swap page. I've registered and emailed them several times with this problem. It keeps telling me that I am not authorized to download from the site. I have received no response from them after several emails. I can't even post on their site because of this. You would think after dropping the the high price they as for this software they would at least respond to emails.
Thanks,
Dan
Old 05-19-2006, 12:40 PM
50%plane

Did you complete the registration? (answer the email that they sent you during your registration)
Old 05-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Logan826

I never received one. I was trying to contact someone on the forum about it, plus email them. I can't post on the forums and they won't answer my emails.
Dan
Old 05-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Raylon

Just try and register another username. You may have accidently put in wrong email. I find I do this sometimes.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:52 AM
Logan826

I just tried that, no go there either. Won't let me register with the same email. The thing that really get's me is that they won't return my emails. It's obvious mines in their system.
Dan
Old 05-20-2006, 07:11 PM
50%plane

have them send you another email. you need to complete registration before you can use the site. make sure all spam filters are off first though.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:20 PM
unterhausen

ORIGINAL: Logan826
Won't let me register with the same email.
Don't you hate that? I suspect the registration completion email went into your spam folder, it happens with every forum I join. There are enough free email services out there, get a gmail acount and join up again.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:07 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Yeah and all with lousy flight models.

Sorry I've modeled planes with both AFDP and G3, and I have both.

G3 has it hands down over AFDP.

There are things in G3 which AFDP doesn't even begin to touch vis-a-vis the physics modeling of the planes... even if you forget second order and environmental effects that AFDP doesn't have.

It's laughable to see those claims on AFDP's page claiming the most accurate physics. It's sorry to hear the claims from people that have bought into this.

I can cite a myriad of things that AFDP is highly inaccurate in.... and I CAN speak to this with some authority.

What makes it worst however, is that the tools provided result in user models that often behave poorly. This is usually because there is no provision to make those "tweaks" that would fix the unusual or unrealistic behaviour.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.