Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Realflight Deluxe and XP

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Realflight Deluxe and XP

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 02:59 AM
wwnh.net

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Realflight Deluxe and XP

When I am trying to install Realflight Deluxe on XP, it asks me if I want to install it, i click yes, and nothing happens, it just brings me back to my desktop. HELP? what should i do?
Old 01-29-2002, 03:41 AM
T28pilot
My Feedback: (2)

Default problems

You got to go to the website and do somethings.......or call them
they will get u fixed up real fast!!!

http://www.realflight.com

nevermind i found the email...here is what u do

DID YOU UPDATE TO XP? If so, you're likely to see this problem:
http://www.gpsoftware.com/kb/q01-1048.htm

FOR ALL VERSIONS OF RealFlight: Will RealFlight run on Windows XP?
Most users do not experience any problems running any version of RealFlight under Windows XP. For users who do experience problems, the majority of the time those problems are related to outdated drivers for the sound card or video card they are using. This can be corrected by downloading and installing updated drivers for those devices from either the computer manufacturer's website or the website of the manufacturer of the device itself. For all other problems, including installation challenges, we are developing the fixes and updates necessary to fully support all versions of RealFlight under Windows XP. Regarding a time frame for their completion, we cannot specifically say how long it will take. XP is still very new, and we still have not seen all the issues we will have to address to know what patches and updates to write.Thus far, most users have been able to get RealFlight running on Win XP without any problem. As we get a clearer picture of what it will take to successfully deal with all the issues regarding RealFlight under Win XP we will add to the fixes and updates we are developing as necessary. Please continue to check our product support website at www.gpsoftware.com for news and availability regarding these patches and updates.

PROBLEMS WITH G2 and XP even AFTER updating drivers?
For those who are having difficulty running RealFlight G2 under Windows XP, we currently have a Beta release of the product update you can try. Here is a link that will take you to the site with the instructions for installing the Beta update:

http://www.knifeedge.com/Unpublished/publicbetacode.htm

Here is the Beta Technical Support Code you need at the above site: B#8c45q5455afy

If you are getting an error message when you try to access the product update server from Windows XP, Then we also have a Beta release of a new RealFlight Control Panel for Windows XP. Here is a link that will take you to the site for downloading this new control panel:

www.knifeedge.com/Unpublished/controlpanel.htm

NOTE: If you decide to test these latest Beta releases, please be aware there may be some things that are unstable or not quite working with them since they are still being developed. If there is a bug that hinders your ability to use these public Beta releases, please report it to us. You can then switch back to the previous version of the software.
Old 02-02-2002, 01:54 PM
Ragz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

OK..i did everything mentioned...but still cant get the TX to work...The manualTX_XP says specifically that the solution is not good for FUTABA boxes..and I use FUTABA...so what gives? I am running version 2.00.386 with the new control panel.

Boy, this is turning out to be a nightmare...!!!!

thanks,
anurag
Old 02-03-2002, 12:40 AM
T28pilot

Originally posted by kb9ayf
The key to installing G2 is order.
Do NOT run G2 until all steps are complete.
These work for both Windows 2000 and XP.
Do them out of order and you can pooch your install real quick.

XP and 2000 both have the latest DirectX so DON'T install the one that comes with the G2 CD.

First Install G2. Before Rebooting do the online update to the latest version.

Then manually install the TX Interface if necessary.
To install the interface do the following.

For 2000 the instructions are in the Program Files\RealFlight Dir
and they are called ManualTX2000.doc

For XP

Go into the Windows Control Panel
Go into System
Go into Hardware
Click on the Add Hardware Wizard
Click on Next and let it scan just for the fun of it ( no choice)
Click on Yes ( Already Connected)
Click on install manually from a list
Click on show all devices.
Click on Have disk
Copy Manafacturers files from C:\Program Files\RealFlight
Click on next,
Realflight driver should appear.
Click on next
Click on next
Click on View/Change resources
Click on Set Manually
Make sure use automatic resources is selected
Click on OK
Click on Finish

Reboot and you should be good to go.

Milage will vary. but this worked for me now several times.
I wrote these kinda quick but I think it is pretty easy to figure out.

Let me know if this helps,
Don

try that
Old 02-03-2002, 01:31 AM
brc007
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default :eek:

If you haven't fixed it yet CALL RealFlight Support! This is what they are there for!
Old 02-04-2002, 05:04 PM
amcross

I'm osrry, you misunderstand. it is not for the FUTABA CONTROLLER -- the other package that we offer, the one that come iwth a controller with it. This file is for the INTERFACE to use your own radio only.

Sincerely,
Mrs. AnnMarie Cross
Senior Manager, Proprietary Services and Support
Great Planes Model Distributors
[email protected]
www.greatplanes.com
www.bestrc.com
NO AUTORESPONDER

Originally posted by Ragz
OK..i did everything mentioned...but still cant get the TX to work...The manualTX_XP says specifically that the solution is not good for FUTABA boxes..and I use FUTABA...so what gives? I am running version 2.00.386 with the new control panel.

Boy, this is turning out to be a nightmare...!!!!

thanks,
anurag
Old 02-04-2002, 07:10 PM
Ragz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default will try out again

When I installed XP on my machine it was on a new hard disk while the old hard disk was still running win 98. Both harddisks are now functioning as c:/ and d:/. The new one is the boot disk with win XP whereas the old one has win 98 with all my data etc. I am going into such detail just to be sure i dont miss anything. Now when i installed xp on the new harddisk, I did not even TOUCH the old one...that means Realflight G2 was working fine in it. Now I boot with the new XP harddisk and install the G2 program following all the procedures...nothing happens...so I revert back to the old hard disk via the BIOS setup by booting through it and making the old hard disk the boot disk with win 98 as the OS...Believe it or not, G2 stopped working here also...I am so totally stumped...I reinstalled g2 on the win98 platform and THE TX INTERFACE IS NOT WORKING on it...i cant understand what on earth is going on.

anurag