Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Need help choosing Video card for FMS >

Need help choosing Video card for FMS

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Need help choosing Video card for FMS

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 04:44 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help choosing Video card for FMS

I would like to set my father's computer up to run FMS as a Christmas present. He has a 500mz Celeron processor and a 4mb AGP video card that only runs FMS at ~3 frames / second even with Direct X 8. The mother board is only has a 2X bus for the AGB card

I'm looking for recommendations of specific cards that would run FMS at 40 plus frames per second on his system. Is a 64MB card worthwhile over a 32MB card? Which cards give the most bang for the buck?

Thanks for your informed advice,

Hugh Mason
Old 12-22-2002, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help choosing Video card for FMS

My computer has an Athlon 800Mhz processor, and All-In-Wonder 128 video w/64 meg video memory.

I've never checked frame rate on RealFlight, but FMS reports a rate of 82 FPS on my computer.

FMS runs ok w/good graphics on my system. ReaFlight G2 USED TO run with great graphics on my system UNITL I "upgraded" to the G2 w/Interlink USB controller. Since the "upgrade", Runways and fun-fly event graphics DO NOT SHOW UP, and trees keep playing hide & seek.

I AM NOT AT ALL impressed with the quality of either Great Planes OR Knife-Edge Software's customer service. They don't care enough to reply to my e-mails, and on their help pages, it seems no matter what problem the user posts, their answer is ALMOST ALWAYS "It's not our software, it's a problem with your sound/video driver."

DAVE BROWN has MUCH MORE HELPFUL customer service than both Great Planes AND Knife-Edge Software COMBINED.