Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

G2 for teh Experienced Pilot

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

G2 for teh Experienced Pilot

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 01:55 PM
RCPAUL
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default G2 for teh Experienced Pilot

I received G2 with two Add-ons for Christmas. I've been flying for more years than I'd like to admit and consider myself an average to better pilot. Now, how useful is G2 for people who have experience? Can you improve your flying? Can you learn new maneuvers with it? Does it help advance your skills.

Too often, simulators are recommended for beginners - and rightly so - but what about those who can already fly fairly well?

RCPAUL
Old 01-08-2003, 02:38 PM
chris540
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MY ANSWER WOULD BE YES TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS.

NOT ONLY WILL IT HELP ITS A LOT OF FUN TOO.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:34 PM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

G2 is the best thing thats happen to R/C since Great Planes came out with the electric hinge slot cutter<GRIN>...Gator
Old 01-08-2003, 04:00 PM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

I agree with these guys. I think it helps me as much now as when I first started flying almost 2 years ago....maybe more, since an error in basic flight is much easier to recover from then when you're practicing new aerobatic moves.

Mike
Old 01-08-2003, 04:50 PM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Default HOOKED ON G2 WORKED FOR ME

Hello RCPaul,
A little over a year ago I started patern flying,I couldnt do a half cuban.With practice over the last year, I can do Cuban 8's,Half Cuban 8's,and so on.
Since the end on November I've been working on Torque Rolls,and by the begining January this year am able to torque roll. So like the caption says "Hooked on G2 worked for me!"
NEDYOB
Old 01-08-2003, 05:30 PM
COL J

Yes, I would have to agree with all of them. It has worked extremely well for me. After a 15 year hiatus from this sport, I was able to go out and fly my Hangar 9 Easy Fly 40 without much help. Soloed the first day.
It is also quite nice for those of us that live in snow country to keep sharpened up during our long winters. However, about to put a set of skis on this trainer for the fun of it.

All of the birds I currently own and are building are on one of the add-on disks, such at the TF Stinson, WM GS P-51, etc.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:31 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to agree with gator. I have been flying for over 25 years and I use it a lot. Both to learn new stuff on the heli and fixed wing and also just for fun, and that GP slotter ROCKS too.
Old 01-09-2003, 02:18 AM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

yes the slotter does rock,,,but that balanceing machine is stinky stinky<GRIN>.....back to topic I learned th rolling circle on GW something I was trying to teach myself at the field this past summer...in fact it was my goal that I failed to acheive....but im getting my licks in with G2...gator