Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Realflight and Futaba 9C??? Odd plug!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Realflight and Futaba 9C??? Odd plug!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 04:02 AM
Darrinc
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Realflight and Futaba 9C??? Odd plug!

How will I hook up my Realflight transmitter module to the Futaba 9C that I am going to buy???

From the looks of the pic's, the radio seems to have a rectangle plug.

Thanks for the help!

Darrin Cash
Old 02-08-2002, 04:50 AM
maverick
My Feedback: (12)

Yes the 9C has a new rectangular trainer port.
Old 02-12-2002, 06:07 AM
Jet-Waynger

The following is taken straight from a RealFlight Tech Support e-mail, I hope it helps!
"Second, make sure you radio is setup properly for training mode. If you have a JR radio, do not turn it on, just plug in the Interface. This will turn on the JR radio on and put it in training mode. If you are using a Futaba 9z, you will want to remove the synth module and also you may need to trim part of the rubber guard from the end of the adapter cable to ensure a firm connection."
Old 02-12-2002, 10:27 AM
Darrinc

Jet-Waynger,

I'm talking about the 9C, it has a new rectangular trainer port, and my RealFlight has a round plug. There needs to be a adapter that comes with the radio because I already have buddy boxes from the Hobbico/Futaba company and it would be irritating to have to buy all new stuff just to train people, let alone the investment I have in my RealFlight and all the add-on's.

Darrin
Old 02-13-2002, 04:58 AM
maverick

Well I just bought a 9C too and I had to buy a new buddy cord so I could continue teaching my son who has a 4VF.

The cord has a rectangular plug on one end and the standard round plug on thew other. It cost $15.99
Old 02-15-2002, 12:30 AM
bluesky123
My Feedback: (2)

Gentlemen:
Can you make a picture of this plug? How many pins does it have?
I have a wiring diagram for the "traditional" 6-pin round DIN connector (I've made Futaba trainer cord, which works fine), so, it's possible to make an adapter.

maverick,
Would you be so kind to ring your rectangular-to-round cable, so that we can come up with the adapter wiring? We can post the diagram here for other people to use.

Boris
Old 02-15-2002, 03:45 AM
Darrinc

Default Great idea!

That would be great if he could use a meter and write out the connection points, but Futaba should still give us a adapter so that it will work with our old Futaba/Hobbico equipment. We bought there equipment for reliabilty and combatibility in the first place.

Darrin C
Old 02-15-2002, 04:07 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

A new 9C adapter is coming for realflight in the near future.

If i might make a suggestion, such questions are answered quickly and easily via our staff without havinga lot of speculation, etc, needed. In fact, if you email [email protected] with 9C in the subject you'll get an immediate automated response telling you about the adapter that will be coming in the near future.

I hope you find this information helpful. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at this email address. (Please be sure to copy all previous emails into any future questions.) You can also reach our product support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

DID YOU KNOW that our web pages now all contain FAQs? (Frequently asked questions) Please drop by and take a look! We hope you'll find the information helpful and valuable to you.

Sincerely,
Mrs. AnnMarie Cross
Senior Manager, Proprietary Service and Support
Great Planes Model Distributors
[email protected]
www.greatplanes.com
www.bestrc.com
NO AUTORESPONDER
Old 02-16-2002, 06:07 AM
maverick

Here is a picture of the new connector:

I haven't had a chance to use a multimeter on it yet though.