Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

FREE Demos For R/C Simulators

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

FREE Demos For R/C Simulators

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 11:09 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default FREE Demos For R/C Simulators

Just curious why there are no "Demo" programs for R/C sims like G-3, Aerofly or FSOne? I am planning on buying a sim, but I cannot decide which I want, or which will run best on my computer, and there is no way to really compare.
But as a reseult of some my research, I came across the Microsoft "Flight Sim X" site. They have a free demo that will let you download a small sample program and actually "feel" the thing. As a result, I "know" I will be purchaseing this program. Still can't decide on an R/C sim though.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:19 AM
FUBAR03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FREE Demos For R/C Simulators

Real Flight does have a demo [link=http://www.realflight.com]RFG3[/link] So does Clear View RC and a few others, but Real Flight is the only big name with a demo. I believe FSOne was supposed to have a demo, don't know what happened to it though.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Raylon

Reflex also offers a demo. The RealFlight demo will show you exactly how your computer will run the real thing on the same settings.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:33 AM
rjm1982

the problem with all the demos, is you cant get a feel for it. They are either non-interactive or keyboard only, and you cant get a feel for the sim at all like that. ITs a waste of time. Best thing is to go to your local hobby shops, most of them have store-demos of the sims.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Raylon

That doesn't help if you are trying to figure out if your PC is going to run the Sim. But yes, if you want a feel for the sim, you have to go to your LHS. I know mine has a G3.5 and a FSOne setup.