Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Trouble getting Tx to work with FMS

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Trouble getting Tx to work with FMS

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 11:39 PM
cloud-9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble getting Tx to work with FMS

Hello, I bought a Futabe Skysport 4 channel Tx on Ebay from Draganfly, to use with FMS. I bought the GWS cable from Draganfly too. I have connected the Tx to the PC, and tried to set the channels, then it says move the sticks around, but nothing happens. When I'm finished the Tx has no effect in FMS.

No idea what to do next. Is the Tx not working? It's charged. USB is connected because the PC said "new device connected" then it said "PPC" so it's seen. The PC is a new Dell and the USB ports have all worked fine. But when I disconnect and reconnect the cable at the Tx end, the PC doesn't say anything.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Jim

Old 10-31-2007, 01:17 PM
S1Pitts
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Trouble getting Tx to work with FMS

Hi Cloud-9
It's been a while since I played around with the FMS Sim. I would check the Game Controlers section in your Control Panel in windows first. I believe it needs to be recognized & calibrated there first before the flight sim can use the input. Unless FMS has changed it looks to a gameport for the TX.
Hope this helps some.
KR
Old 10-31-2007, 02:44 PM
broke_n_bummin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trouble getting Tx to work with FMS

You are correct. Click the Controls tap, then analog control. Click Joystick Interface, then click on mapping / calibration. There you can test / calibrate your controller. Your PC will only alert you when you plug the cable into the USB port. You can plug and unplug the transmitter, and the computer won't know any different. The interface is in the cable.