Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

G2 Slow?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G2 Slow?

Hi Guys,

I have just installed G2 onmy home machine it is a AMD Athlon 1.3Ghz with 256 Meg ram and S3 onboard graphics card. I am inexperienced with G2 but I have been using Ikarus Easyfly for some time quite well. I have found that I am having problems hovering in G2 as the helis seem way to sensative but it also seems as though the controls I put in are delayed 1/2 second or so thus giving me a lag and causing me to overcontrol.
I have no problems hovering the reel thing so I wouldn't expect to have problems with G2.

Anybody have any ideas as to if it's my system (I have most of the graphics variables turned down to min) or is it my setup on the helis? I have played with paddle weights etc. and have tamed them down a bit but still can't keep it anything like near to me.

Any help would be appreciated
Old 04-09-2003, 12:11 PM

Default G2 Slow?

Can't comment on the CPU or the memory (I have a P4 2.4Ghz and 512 meg RDRAM, haven't played it with less), but I do know that your onboard S3 video is going to probably cause some problems. Typical onboard video solutions are low-end and I don't believe the S3 that you most likely have is any exception.

What you might do is find a friend with a high-end video card you can swap in to test and see if that's it. I say high-end because you want to be able to notice a difference you can point to. If you stick in a good graphics card and that doesn't help much, you have other bottlenecks in addition.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:47 PM

Default G2 Slow?

A couple of thoughts:-

1/ What else are you running when you try to run G2? Look into the two icon trays (especially the one on the bottom right) and see what is running from start up. Too many things running (including things like screen savers etc) and it will slow down any application you try to run.

2/ If you do replace the video card, make sure it's to an AGP port, and not the more common PCI slot, as the bus speed of an AGP is 3 or more times the speed of the PCI. The AGP is connected to the high speed memory management side of the chip set, and the PCI bus is part of the slow side.

My 2c (2p) worth!
-David C
Old 04-09-2003, 01:12 PM

Default G2 Slow?

Just for the sake of arguement, I am running G2 on a 600MHz Celeron with a Voodoo3 AGP (16 MB) video card and it runs great. I'm no PC expert, but I'd say the above suggestions are the right direction to go in. Good luck.

Jon
Old 04-09-2003, 04:34 PM

Default G2 Slow?

if your r getting more than 35 frames per second on ground then i dont think there would be a significant benefit from an upgrade-- just my take.