Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Phoenix RC - a Little Too Perfect?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Phoenix RC - a Little Too Perfect?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 10:43 PM
PlaneHeli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix RC - a Little Too Perfect?

Personally I find Phoenix a little too perfect.

Eg; I can 3 point land the ZN Alliance at a walking pace at my feet every time.

I have a cheap 40 size pattern plane and would not dare to fly this airplane that slow and 3 point it at my feet. It would get 'mussy' on the controls and either wing tip stall or stall onto the ground with a bit of a thump. I realise my model is not set up perfectly and has a little 'hanger rash' from the rough field I fly off.

I realise the models are balanced and set up perfectly in the sim. Is the real ZN Alliance (and other large models) really that perfect when setup and balanced that accurately?.
Does anyone have any tips how to introduce some imperfections into the models to make them a little more realistic to fly in the Sim.

A nice feature may be an generic option to select, that builds in a little imperfection to any model you select.

I have used Reflex XTR again recently and personally think it may be a bit more accurate. However its a processor hog in comparison and has very few updates in recent years.

Please note this is not a critism of the Phoenix Sim. I think it is a very good sim and the purchase price is less than the other sims out there.
Also the developers seem very pro active on improving it with regular updates.

Also I would like to see a ducted fan model in Phoenix such as the F86 Sabre in Reflex.

What do others think of Phoenix. Do your models fly so perfectly
Am I being too critical?
Old 05-19-2008, 11:17 PM
mart o

Default RE: Phoenix RC - a Little Too Perfect?

Firstlly I would be sure that you have got the latest upgrade downloaded from the Phoenix web site 1.05.j and then just tweak the settings until you like it. There is no doubt about it that some aircraft are nearer reallity than others, you could also email Phoenix with your concern, they do listen. When I had a usb problem I found them extremely helpfull.
Good luck.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:01 AM
dave_fischen

Definately add a little wind and turbulence in there - those F3A planes are extremely stable in real life though - try a warbird out instead and see it stall very easily.

There is a ducted fan Sukhoi 22 in Phoenix, and they take model requests if you own the model you are requesting.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:31 AM
PlaneHeli

Thanks,

So those good quality F3A planes are really that stable and can land that slow.

The Suk22 Is a small electric with no gear. So would prefer a 40-60 sized F86 with gear.

Cheers
Old 05-28-2008, 02:10 PM
collybat

Hi there i am new to this site and radio control, i have just purchased a futaba 6ex 2.4ghz tx and also phoenix simulation software, as yet i have not been able to connect the two together to use the software they talk about ppm mode but i cannot make it work any ideas im tearing my hair out (what i have left) thanks for reading
Old 05-29-2008, 10:18 PM
PlaneHeli

collybat,

Install the software.
Plug in USB cable, windows should install the drivers automatically.
select your Tx type and calibrate.
Tx must be selected to PPM mode then switch off Tx then on again to get it to start in PPM mode (not sure about the futaba 6ex 2.4. Should be in PPM mode already.

Sorry not at home so cannot be more specific.

Go to PhoenixRC website and search for FAQ or email them with your problem.
You can also download updates to the sim and new models from their wesite.

Good luck.