Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

FMS related question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

FMS related question

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 06:35 PM
pElf28p

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMS related question

I am completely new to rc airplanes. However, I plan to put together a slowstick in the future (sometime in the next year) for my first. In the mean time I have download the FMS simulator but I do not have a controler for it. I am curious to know if I can get an actual controler for the slowstick, but one that can also be plugged in via usb that will work for FMS. Any suggestions? I hope my question is clear. Thanks for any information. -Elf
Old 11-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FMS related question

ORIGINAL: pElf28p

I am completely new to rc airplanes. However, I plan to put together a slowstick in the future (sometime in the next year) for my first. In the mean time I have download the FMS simulator but I do not have a controler for it. I am curious to know if I can get an actual controler for the slowstick, but one that can also be plugged in via usb that will work for FMS. Any suggestions? I hope my question is clear. Thanks for any information. -Elf
You can buy a USB controller like this:

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...oducts_id=3660

Or get a cable from this page:

http://www.allerc.com/index.php?cPat...74357443d4a69d

that hooks up to a transmitter that you will also use to fly your Slow Stick.

I have that controller and it is adequate, although I wouldn't recommend buying it. For the money, I'd consider spending the extra money (around $100) and get FS One.

I'd be interested in comments from pilots who used FMS only before flying a real RC plane.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:59 AM
flyX

It feels just like any other sim to me. Set it up accordingly.

It would be interesting if you can ever get any of your models to fly and feel like mine.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:11 AM
ggunners

Another option that works well is a dual USB joystick. They cost between $5 - $10. Probably the least expensive controller to use that feels very close to a real RC transmitter. Otherwise the $20 simulator controller is best. All work with FMS or for about $50 you could purchase the ClearView sim.

ggunners
Old 11-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: flyX

It feels just like any other sim to me. Set it up accordingly.

It would be interesting if you can ever get any of your models to fly and feel like mine.
Maybe that would help, but all the planes that come with the simulator feel like they are being flown on a planet with less gravity than earth, they float.

I did try a GWS Formosa that one user said flies like the real thing and, well, no, it didn't. I have used Realflight and, having flown 2 of the planes modeled in the sim in real life, found that sim to be much more accurate.

Of course, one is free and the other is not. But I learned on a simulator not sold anymore nor supported by XP (RC Simulator by Ripmax, anyone?) that has spoiled me for a better sim.

I find FMS, boring. And, as it doesn't fly like anything I fly, I don't get any value from playing with it.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:11 PM
ggunners

If you are talking about FMS 2.7, then, yes the models are pretty floaty.

If FMS 2.8, I would disagree with you. They fall out of the sky just fine. <smile>

ggunners