Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

I have RF3.5 would like just the 4.5 softwareve the controller

Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

I have RF3.5 would like just the 4.5 softwareve the controller

Old 03-16-2009, 09:11 PM
phread59

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have RF3.5 would like just the 4.5 softwareve the controller

I purchased Real FlightG3.5. I have a controller that came with 3.5. I would like to get 4.5 also. But I do not need another controller. Is there any way to get 4.5 without the controller. I downloaded 4.5 from GP's web site but it will not load. It comes up with a message saying something to the effect of "Administator will not allow, yada yada." I'm willing to pay for the software. I'm just not willing to pay for another controller. Any thoughts on this. I E-mailed GP and got no response so far. Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark Shuman
Old 03-17-2009, 09:05 AM
Blazer1
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: I have RF3.5 would like just the 4.5 softwareve the controller

Don't worry about having to purchase the controller, they throw it in for free with the $200 purchase of the simulator.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:02 AM
dbcisco
Banned

They don't sell it without the controller. If you want G4.5, expect to pay $200 for the program, another hundred for expansion packs and a thousand dollars for a computer that runs it. Oh yeah, it still waon't run right anyway.

Get G4 if you can, G4.5 is an unfixed beta rushed to market for $$$$$. Sleasy company IMHO.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:58 AM
da Rock

Nope, RF4.5 isn't sold without the controller.

Some observations about RF4.5:
It is $200 from Tower.
Real Flight has updated the Add-On packs they marketed for earlier versions to run on RF4.5.
There are 5 of them, almost more content than contained in the basic 4.5. They're worth $150 and are free.
Real Flight has continually developed additional content that they now call Expansion packs.
They've created 5 of them so far.
Right now, they are $33 each at Tower.
You are not required to purchase any of them.
Nor are you required to download or install any of the free content available in the Add-Ons that RF rewrote to be usable on RF4/4.5.
The developer also maintains a website that offers additional free content for download to expand your installation.
There are hundreds of skins and standalone models available on that website.

Tower lists the minimum hardware requirements suggested for adequately running RF4.5 as well as suggested requirements to run it with max features.

Almost forgot, the original 4.0 code and the 4.5 code has had a number of updates to the code fixing bugs in the released code.

The original poster has gotten a complete answer to his original question. This thread needs no further spinoff.
And the direction this thread is being spun is off-topic to the original question. Completely off topic.