Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Pheonix simulator

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Syd Atkinson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pheonix simulator

Just seen info on this simulator and it looks spectacular . Does anyone have any info or experience with it . Where do you buy ?Syd A
Old 10-25-2009, 07:21 PM
onewasp

Default RE: Pheonix simulator

http://searchrc.horizonhobby.com/ind...d=1248E39855B4
Old 10-26-2009, 08:52 AM
misterv

Phoenix is an excellent Simulator and my preffered one.
However it depends on what you want it for. I like the smooth precision models in Phoenix and you will note that most of the models are designed by top flyers from all over the World. Unlike other sims. that have a variety of scale models that you would never fly, Phoenix sticks to eveyday designs that you know. Also their back up is excellent.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:23 AM
cajun1

I notice Horizon Hobby, the Phoenix dist. is totally out of all Phoenix sim equipment. Does this mean Phoenix is just in short supply, or is Horizon having problems with Phoenix?[&o]
Old 11-02-2009, 01:04 PM
ChopperMike

They're coming out with a new version. At the iHobby Expo they said it'll be out end of November, their website says first of December. So they probably don't have any of the old versions left.

I tried the new Phoenix sim at iHobby along with all the others, it's going to be replacing my Real Flight 3.5 sim. One thing I like is you'll never have to pay for new aircraft and flying fields, you'll be able to simply download them.

Mike
Old 11-03-2009, 09:09 AM
cajun1

Thanks for the info Mike.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:24 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ChopperMike
it's going to be replacing my Real Flight 3.5 sim. One thing I like is you'll never have to pay for new aircraft and flying fields, you'll be able to simply download them.

Did you like the free AddOns? and have you seen the free download aircraft and flying fields at KnifeEdge.com?

There are over 4,000 free downloads at KnifeEdge for RF3.5, a thousand or so for RF4, and over a thousand for RF4.5.

It's hard to believe how much is available free for the better sims.

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php
Old 11-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Syd Atkinson

Thanks for the input . I couldn't find a supplier in the USA or Canada with stock .I went on-line to the Phoenix page and ordered directly from them . Order placed Tuesday about 11pm eastern time -delivered Friday 11am Fedex . Shipping about $7.00. Any questions Ihad forthem were answered within a few hours . Super service !
I'm now on a learning curve and all looks good with the system . Thanks again Syd A
Old 11-24-2009, 01:42 PM
wpotter6

The new version (a special edition) from Horizon is supposed to have all of their BNF Parkzone and EFLITE planes on it. I looked at the Phoenix-Sim site and they only have the Corsair so far. I think it is on back order because the new special edition for Horizon is not ready with all of the BNF aircraft yet.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:52 AM
DeltaOP

I just ordered Phoenix from Horizon Hobby.

Got the version that came with the Spektrum DX5e radio. Seems like a pretty decent radio.

$174.99.

Can't wait to get it.

Ran the demo and it ran silky smooth at 1920x1080.

Running a Core i5 2.66 GHZ with a ATI Radeon HD 4890 with 1 GB ram. System has 4 GB ram running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit.

[8D]

Old 12-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Raycamaro

I just loaded the Phoenix Simulator for Horizon Models and can't get it to work. It won't recognize my DX5e. It does know when the cable to the DX5e is connected but doesn't see the transmitter. I downloaded the latest update with no luck. So far a big waste of money. I run Realflight 4.5 without any problems. I have a newer computer with a Quad Pentium and 4 GB of memory.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:07 PM
CloudSkipper

ORIGINAL: Raycamaro

I just loaded the Phoenix Simulator for Horizon Models and can't get it to work. It won't recognize my DX5e. It does know when the cable to the DX5e is connected but doesn't see the transmitter. I downloaded the latest update with no luck. So far a big waste of money. I run Realflight 4.5 without any problems. I have a newer computer with a Quad Pentium and 4 GB of memory.
Although apparently DX7 will work straight up, DX6 and DX5 need an adapter (at least I know DX5 does).

This is the adapter you need:
http://www.ekmpowershop4.com/ekmps/s...aptor-11-p.asp

The DX5e apparently has mono jack. Phoenix cable has a stereo jack. I would NOT go assuming that a standard audio adapter does it. Get the proper adapter.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:40 PM
dbcisco
Banned

Wrong adapter can short out the TX! Get the right one posted above.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Raycamaro

I can't use my DX6i because it's one of the recalled ones with the possible short in the training plug. I'm sweet talking Red Rocket to send me a DX5e adaptor since I just spent over $400 with them. I bought the new G5 Realflight Update and the Phoenix Simulators along with the Micro J-3 Cub and E-Flite 4-Site.

Have any of you guys ever seen the Electrifly VFO? I bought one last week after seeing one in Columbus at the JR Indoor Festival. This will be the first plane(?) I've had to assemble since I started flying. After you see one fly, you'll wonder if it should be called a plane since it takes off and lands vertically.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:38 PM
Looper
My Feedback: (22)

Swell, I just received my Pheonix and found that it will not adapt to my Eclipse tranny. And the adapter won't be available until mid January, Maybe!! Same old song. I think I will return mine.....
Old 12-11-2009, 10:52 AM
KB9STD
My Feedback: (1)

Do You meen a Hitec Eclpse 7 transmitter? And You can't get an adapter for THAT??
Won't a Futaba adapter work?
Old 12-11-2009, 12:27 PM
CloudSkipper

ORIGINAL: Looper

Swell, I just received my Pheonix and found that it will not adapt to my Eclipse tranny. And the adapter won't be available until mid January, Maybe!! Same old song. I think I will return mine.....
It does not say anything about the adapter being out of stock on Phoenix's online shop:

http://www.ekmpowershop4.com/ekmps/s...daptor-3-p.asp
Old 12-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Looper

I am referring to the Horizon page. They list it unavailable until mid-January...of what year? Hmmmmm
Old 12-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Looper

A check of the Horizon page indicated that the Hitec adapter will be available "soon." I e-mailed them but received no answer. They list the adapter as opitional. Not really opitional if you can't use your transmetter! Does anyone know if a similar adapter may be available here in the stated! Thanks, Looper
Old 12-11-2009, 07:58 PM
CloudSkipper

You can order from the Phoenix store even from the states. Just checked, the postage would be $8 to North America/Canada. Not sure what type of delivery that is exactly as I did not continue with the checkout process, but I've read many times that orders submitted from the states to their store are delivered very fast (don't remember details). So you'll get it much sooner than mid Jan.

Edit: Just when leaving the store site, happened to notice this: "All International deliveries will be sent using FedEx priority shipping and customers will receive a FedEx confirmation by e-mail automatically on despatch."

You would not get free shipping as you probably would via Horizon, but I'm suggesting this simply because I am posting in an RC forum where the occasional $8 postage pales in comparison to what we spend overall on the hobby

Good luck with it whatever you do
Old 12-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Looper

Thanks CS...will chec it out...Looper
Old 12-11-2009, 11:55 PM
rotorbroke

I'm running with my DX6i. Initially had problems because I had the tx turned on, and the sim would not recognize it from the usb port. Turned off the tx and was there! Also was a little slow figuring out I had to highlight the tx tabs, especially the spectrum, all the way to the left of the bar. Took me awhile to figure that out. Even had to do the advanced setup for unrecognized tx. Played around a little before I found that only the far left of every bar is hot. Runs much better with spectrum and dx6i selected. Was cutting out at low rpm's with the unrecognized tx. Now it's smooth as silk. The cord that came with the program was the usb,box, and plugged directly into the trainer port. Best 129 ever spent. free shipping. bought after dinner on Sunday, simming before lunch on Thursday. I'm pretty happy with Mark Twain Hobby on ebay. Bought the realflight and pheonix from them. phoenix is more suited to what i need/want and runs on my laptop and desktop.....
Old 12-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Wyu
My Feedback: (3)

This is a awesome sim > I think it has the best heli's > & the planes are good to.