Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Interface To Use Tx as Joystick For MS Flight Simulator

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Interface To Use Tx as Joystick For MS Flight Simulator

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 03:43 PM
smacfe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interface To Use Tx as Joystick For MS Flight Simulator

I'm looking for a way to use my transmitter or one of the r/c simulator tx like controllers as a joystick for Microsoft Flight Simulator and other pc simulator programs in Windows 7 and Vista. I can only get my APFD interface and RealFlight fransmitter to work only on their programs. I understand that MRC makes one but they want about a grand for it. There must be a better solution as the gamepads have all but eliminated the joystick controller market.
Scott
Old 01-22-2010, 03:31 PM
rowland2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Interface To Use Tx as Joystick For MS Flight Simulator

Hi;
I just received my Real Flight G4 with the Interlink Elite Controller. I just finished setting it up the Elite with my MS Flight Sim 2004 [FS9]. My computer is several years old and nothing special. I set it up basically the same way I had set up my Wingman Joystick years ago, using the FS reassignment page....with two exceptions, I haven't had time to work on further. Occaisionally, I had to click on the "clear" tab of the Assignment of control window to get the initial dialog re: it is unassigned or this is presently assigned to ....whatever... to appear. The other is my attempt to use the right hand flaps knob on the top of the Elite, which is reostat driven just like the other joystick axis and is in fact listed on the windows calibrate window as the fourth axis, but I couldn't get it to register as the flaps... ran out of time...not sure what the problem is. I had previously also been running FS9 with by Real Flight CLassic
controller with three switches through a game port. Was really happy that it would work, for personally I find it far more comfortable and efficient to use it rather than the Wingman Flight Joystick, particularly when doing acrobatic maneuvering.

Rowland