Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Laptop for G4

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 01:12 PM
zeuglodon
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laptop for G4

I have Realflight G4 on my desktop and it runs quite well, (Actually G4 upgraded online to 4.5).

I was not able to get it to run on my 3 year old HP Laptop due to hardware deficiencies. Now my laptop has expired and I would like to be able to run the sim on the new laptop I'm preparing to buy.

Anybody having any success running G4 or higher on a laptop and what processor and video do you have?

Will an Intel i5 and 512MB of dedicated video memory be enough?

I don't want to spend an extra 3 or 4 hundred dollars on the high-end hardware only to find out it won't do the job.

Thanks for your input,

Rick
Old 06-07-2010, 10:25 AM
dbcisco
Banned

Default RE: Laptop for G4

Realflight is notorious for not running on laptops or anything else with built in video electronics.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:22 PM
JinLV
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Laptop for G4

I just bought g5- I have a Sager9820/Clevod900f laptop, well.....more of a mobile workstation, It has a i7- DESKTOP- cpu, 3-320gb 7200rpm hard drives, 6mb of ramddr3, and an INVIDIA gt285 video card, and a 17 inch 1920x1200 screen. G5 is ultra realistic, even better than some of the best games in some ways, and runs quite well. Its fun to take to the feild and let the guys play and then fly for real, balls be gettin real swoled up LOL
check out xoticpc- they pretty much have the best prices and service. Mine was PERFECT, not one dead pixel.