RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Flight Simulator Software (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-flight-simulator-software-138/)
-   -   Aerofly5 question (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-flight-simulator-software-138/10817074-aerofly5-question.html)

kcc 11-17-2011 03:55 PM

Aerofly5 question

I'm new to the simulator discussion, but is the Aerofly5 available with a mode 1 transmitter? If not, is the tx mode "switchable" like some radios are?
I know, I know, the mode 1 jokes are coming soon.......:D

Thanks for your help,
Kevin

rajul 11-17-2011 05:06 PM

RE: Aerofly5 question

Kevin, I would recommend you use your own programmable radio, if you have one, because you can use all the important programmable functions like dual rates and mixes. With your own radio, you can easily configure any stick mode in the software itself. Which radio do you have?

kcc 11-17-2011 05:29 PM

I'm using a Futaba 9C. I guess it makes sense to use the programming features in the radio....I wasn't sure if those parameters could be adjusted in the software (i.e. expo, rates, end points, mixing, etc.)

rajul 11-17-2011 05:47 PM

I am also using a Futaba 9C with Aerofly. Excellent radio! Therefore, I would recommend you to get the usb interface version with the corrrect adapter cable for the radio.

rajul 11-17-2011 05:48 PM

Hey, btw I am a mode 1 flyer too [8D] and I find it easier for 3D especially rolling harriers

kcc 11-17-2011 06:19 PM

Mike,
When purchasing the simulator, does it matter whether it says Aerofly5, Aerofly5.5 or 5.7? Aren't they all the same basic package, just updated software?
If I understand correctly, the updates can be downloaded to make any Aerofly5 current, correct?
Mode 1 is always a conversation starter, but as we know, we can fly ANYTHING, the mode 2 guys can't!:D
Thanks for your help.

rajul 11-17-2011 06:34 PM

Doesn't matter, just get the AF5 usb interface version. Then you can download and install the latest patch (Aerofly version 5.7) with lots of new models and sceneries. Please check the recommended computer system and graphics card requirements for AF5.

mmiranda10 12-21-2011 08:38 AM

Hi, I'm looking to buy my first sim, but I use a MAC.  Is aerofly for mac good, or should i buy another windows based sim like RF or pheonix and run parrales?

thanks,
Mike</p>

rino 11-29-2012 08:47 PM

Mike,

Just wondering if you are still using RF 5. Have you been able to find any good 3D models out there?

Thanks,

Steve

LSP972 12-24-2012 08:01 AM

I have a few questions, too, Mike. I too operate a Mac desktop. I have Boot Camp on it (for Windows stuff), but that is iffy at times because the copy of Windows 7 I have installed is the "free student download" version. Yes, I'm too cheap to pay over a hundred bucks (over and above the cost of the simulator) just to fly a sim.

As I understand it, Aero-Fly for Macs does not come with a "controller"; one should use his own transmitter, and needs an adapter cord for that. So I need the sim AND a cable to hook up my TX, right?

The web site is not very informative in a few aspects of this, but I don't see the Futaba 12Z (or 9Z, for that matter) anywhere on the list of "supported transmitters".

So where does that leave me?

rajul 12-24-2012 09:15 AM

ORIGINAL: LSP972
I have a few questions, too, Mike. I too operate a Mac desktop. I have Boot Camp on it (for Windows stuff), but that is iffy at times because the copy of Windows 7 I have installed is the ''free student download'' version. Yes, I'm too cheap to pay over a hundred bucks (over and above the cost of the simulator) just to fly a sim.

As I understand it, Aero-Fly for Macs does not come with a ''controller''; one should use his own transmitter, and needs an adapter cord for that. So I need the sim AND a cable to hook up my TX, right?

The web site is not very informative in a few aspects of this, but I don't see the Futaba 12Z (or 9Z, for that matter) anywhere on the list of ''supported transmitters''.

So where does that leave me?
There are two versions of AF5: the usb interface version for those who plan to use their own Tx; and the Game Controller version which comes with a simple non-programmable controller. I will recommend the usb interface version because it allows you to use all the programmable functions in your radio that you'll use in the field with your r/c models. Futaba 12z works fine with AF5. All you need is to get the y-adapter cable for Futaba radios.

LSP972 12-26-2012 04:11 AM

Got it, thanks.

rino 12-29-2012 02:53 PM

Has anyone found any good 3D aerobatic models to download?

Thanks.

manley.keedan 04-16-2020 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by kcc (Post 10817074)
I'm new to the simulator discussion, but is the Aerofly5 available with a mode 1 transmitter? If not, is the tx mode "switchable" like some radios are?
I know, I know, the mode 1 jokes are coming soon.......:D

Thanks for your help,
Kevin

I would recommend you to get the usb interface version with the corrrect adapter cable for the radio.