Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

CLEAN BURNING FUEL

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 06:26 PM
muggles4me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CLEAN BURNING FUEL

IM RUNNING RINGED 2 CYCLE ENGINES AND AM LOOKING FOR A FUEL THAT DOESENT LEAVE ALOT OF OOZZE AND GOO ON THE WINGS AND FUSE
Old 02-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Jim Thomerson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: CLEAN BURNING FUEL

The ooze and goo is castor oil which went through your engine and lubricated it. You can try a fuel with all synthetic lube but your engines may not last very well. The synthetic lube burns, the castor oil does not.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:49 AM
ggraham500
My Feedback: (4)

I've been running Wildcat 2&4 cycle 20% nitro/20% all synthetic oil for years and love it.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:46 PM
glowplugboy
My Feedback: (17)

Goo on airplane = Protection in engine. A Syn/castor blend will have less goo, with the small amount of castor helping protect bearings and bushings when the synthetic vaporizes. Synthetics have come a long way in the last 25 years, but castor has yet to be bested for overall engine protection. We produce two blends that have 18% synthetic and 2% castor for a 20% oil content overall. Check them out at [link=http://www.gcbmrc.com]www.gcbmrc.com[/link]

Mike