Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Where to buy Coolpower ?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 07:42 PM
edgeguy
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy Coolpower ?????

I can't find anyone who sells Coolpower. I would like to use Coolpower 30% heli in my YS engines but I cant find anywhere to buy it. The closest hobby shop is 60 miles away and they dont carry Morgans fuel.

Is there anyplace to mail order it in the US? I e-mailed Morgans numerous times but have not received a reply.

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:08 PM
Madd_Maxx

Default RE: Where to buy Coolpower ?????

edgeguy:

You can mail order off horizon hobby to get any of morgan's fuel (cool power or omega)...but it's probably gonna cost more than if you can find it at a LHS due to the hazmat shipping on fuel.

[link=http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/services/advanceresultsDetail.asp?strProd=COOL%20POWER&strSearchType=ALL&strInCategory=ALL&strInManufacturer=ALL&tag=qsrch]Horizon Hobby Website[/link]

Madd_Maxx
Old 02-19-2004, 09:12 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the same problem. No one carries 20% full synthetic oil with 20-30% nitro. I think I'll just buy WildCat 25% nitro, 18% oil and add 3.2 ounces of Klotz syntho to it. I calculated that 3.2 ounces added brings a gallon with 18% lube up to 20 % lube.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:42 AM
BaronSchwab

I would mix my own fuel but you would need to find a local place to buy methanol.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:24 PM
pitboss

I can keep my wildcat for my big blocks and just add KLOTz to it? For some reason I can't get my os 90 to run right with WC 30% but it runs fine on CP30%. If all it needs is more oil then I might give it a try.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:41 AM
aerobaticsdude

If I remember right they used to have a program where you could order it straight from them, but it had to be shipped to your local hobby shop. You had to order several cases. Ask them.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:39 PM
Homebrewer
My Feedback: (8)

Morgan fuels doesn't sell its Coolpower/Omega/Sidewinder fuels directly to the consumer as a show of support to local hobby shops.

However, Morgan does sell another brand that is similar to their hobby store/distributor fuels called Mach 7.

Contact Morgan fuels at: www.mach7fuels.com

Their website says they had problems receiving and replying to emails and your best bet is to call them direct at 334-347-3525

Also,
There are two local fuel producers in Denver. One of them I know for fact will custom blend fuels for a reasonable price and can easily make you a fuel comparable to Coolpower 30% heli which is simply a 23% low viscosity oil, 30% nitro fuel.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:18 PM
iflynething

I am also having a problem with CoolPower......I have been usually using Omege, but have bought the Cool Power (Mach 7) for a lower price than the LHS and that has done me good, but I'm wanting to have their e-mail addres.....if you go to there website and click on the contact us, it comes up as Outlook Express e-mail and I don't use that but yahoo and they dont have it to where you can know it and not have to send it from yahoo or other e-mail "carriers."...would anyone happen to know their contact e-mail for me....I am needing tech help......I also would like to add their address into my address in my e-mail so I can have future reference if I need them later....

THANKS ALOT......
Old 05-06-2004, 08:19 PM
xcellheli
My Feedback: (1)

I have talked with Morgan and the Mach7 full synthetic is identical to Cool Power exept instead of having green dye, it has blue dye. If you order the Mach7 30% heli fuel it is identical to the Cool Power version and is also the same orange color, only the label on the bottle is different. If you can get a few people together and order 24 gallons you get a great price break, or better yet do what we do organize a club buy and get the 60 plus gallon price. This is cheaper than any LHS. I have run Mach7 for years and have had great results.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:00 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

I used to live in the town where Morgan Fuels is located. I'm 2 hours away from there now and my LHS makes the drive down to load up. He told me today that he may stop or raise the price due to having it shipped.