Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Club Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 03:26 PM
firemedic305
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Club Fuel

Is any one buying bulk fuel for a club if so are you having any problem? what is a good place to buy in bulk we are in NW Georgia area. Thanks Gary
Old 03-25-2004, 03:59 PM
stuk_at_work
My Feedback: (111)

Default RE: Club Fuel

Our club has been buying fuel from PowerMaster for years. Fuel comes in individual metal gallon containers.

You'll need to buy a couple of hundred gallons to make the truck worthwhile. We typically partner with a neighboring club to get the volume high enough.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:36 PM
KevinSheen

We always get a good deal from Wildcat.
Old 03-27-2004, 06:36 AM
Dr Nitro

Me and a couple friends that have a private field together, for the last three years have gotten Cooper's Blends in club order sizes. Twice I've run out between orders and got a few gallons of S&W and found that fuel equally excellent. This year, Cooper's is meeting us at Toledo on Friday for our order, great service from this guy.
I am a firm believer that using these small companies is the way to go, they have their hand in the quality of every bottle.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:59 PM
hauckf

Several manufacturers will sell fuel in 54 gallon drums, which is the cheapest way to buy it. Our last two club orders went to Morgan, because they had the best price. S&W was a very close second. The price per gallon for one drum of 15% all synthetic (the same stuff they call 'Coolpower' when they sell it in jugs) was about $9.00, delivered to north Alabama. Shipping costs are significant, so be sure to get a firm price for shipping before you order.

Buying it in drums, of couse, has its drawbacks, such as the need for lots of good, clean, gallon jugs, a way to get the fuel from the drum to the jugs, boxes to put the full jugs in for storage, etc. My gut feeling is that once a drum is opened, it should be completely emptied into jugs, as opposed to drawing off a gallon at a time as its needed, but I might be wrong about that. Also, the drums had to be shipped to a commercial address.