Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

MOTUL Micro Oil

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: MOTUL Micro Oil

ORIGINAL: gkamysz

Cooperfuels is gone. This is the oil they sold.

http://www.splube.com/products/avenger.htm

They are not forthcoming with details. And supposedly the oil doesn't have an anti-corrosion package, but don't quote me on that, I didn't find out until after I bought it. The mix used by a reputable source was 2% castor, 10% avenger, balance methanol. Engines last forever and with the castor corrosion isn't a problem. The price is right and it's an ester based oil like the Micro2T.

Do you think it would be better than running klotz?
Old 10-03-2009, 10:27 PM
gkamysz
My Feedback: (19)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They say it's much better. I don't have any experience yet. I bought it because it will blend with both petroleum and alcohol fuels. I Use Klotz Original for this reason also.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:27 PM
sandyjain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been following this thread with a need to find out if we can mix 2T oils used in Gasoline engines i.e. Motul 800 in Glow fuel ?
I have been using 82% Methanol + 8% Castor oil + 10% Klotz KL200 for last 1 year andam happy with it.
I now want to replace Klotz KL200 by Motul 800 -Is it possible/ safe to do it ? Can Motul 800 blend in Methanol ?

Thanx in advance...

Sandy Jain
New Delhi, India
Old 01-17-2010, 01:59 PM
tdriver

only motul micro is recommended for methanol
Old 01-17-2010, 02:27 PM
sandyjain

ORIGINAL: tdriver

only motul micro is recommended for methanol
Thanx tdriver... What is the difference between Motul micro & 800 ?
Old 01-17-2010, 05:00 PM
tdriver

the 800 is for Gasoline engines,and probably not mixable with methanol.
that is why other oils are not suitable. they physically just don't mix with glow fuel.
no matter how hard you stir/mix them,after a while they separate in the container.

motul micro is a synthetic oil only for model engine glow fuel.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:35 AM
sandyjain

So the main requirement is mix ability ?In case Motul 800 mixes with methanol is it possible to use it then ? Iam just being persistent 'coz Motul800 is available comfortably and cheaply in India than the Klotz
Old 01-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Jezmo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Motul 800 DOES NOT mix with methanol nor do any of the other ester based oils out there. Most of the synthetic glow fuel oils in use are of the PAG or PolyAklylene Glycol oil variety.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:08 PM
sandyjain

ORIGINAL: Jezmo

Motul 800 DOES NOT mix with methanol nor do any of the other ester based oils out there. Most of the synthetic glow fuel oils in use are of the PAG or PolyAklylene Glycol oil variety.
Jezmo, can you suggest a synthetic oil other than Klotz KL200 & Motul Micro. At this time both are not easily available in India. We typically use 8% Castor oil, 10% Synthetic and 82% methanol. We do not use nitro.

Is it necessary to use synthetic ? can we just use 18% castor - which is easily and cheaply available

Sandy Jain
Old 01-23-2010, 10:17 PM
gkamysz
My Feedback: (19)

Yes, many, many, engines are run on 20% castor and 80% methanol. As long as the castor is of good quality the engine will stay clean inside. If it's poor the engine will carbon and require cleaning. Some synthetic keeps the engine cleaner inside. The trouble is the there are very few synthetics that blend with methanol. Klotz, Motul Micro, and Fuchs Aerosynth are really the only options.

Greg
Old 01-24-2010, 11:57 AM
sandyjain

ORIGINAL: gkamysz

Yes, many, many, engines are run on 20% castor and 80% methanol. As long as the castor is of good quality the engine will stay clean inside. If it's poor the engine will carbon and require cleaning. Some synthetic keeps the engine cleaner inside. The trouble is the there are very few synthetics that blend with methanol. Klotz, Motul Micro, and Fuchs Aerosynth are really the only options.

Greg
Thanx Greg.... I am relieved that I can use just Castor until I find a suitable Synthetic...
Old 01-31-2010, 12:44 PM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: sandyjain

ORIGINAL: Jezmo

Jezmo, can you suggest a synthetic oil other than Klotz KL200 & Motul Micro. At this time both are not easily available in India. We typically use 8% Castor oil, 10% Synthetic and 82% methanol. We do not use nitro.

Is it necessary to use synthetic ? can we just use 18% castor - which is easily and cheaply available

Sandy Jain
Motul Micro is not Ester based either. Talked with Motul on the phone for an extended time. They Checked the Data sheets for me.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Sport_Pilot

There are others. I think Morgans will sell you their version of Ucon. And Coopers has another.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Hisatugo

Hi all,

I got this oil here in Sao Paulo Brazil.

It does cost TO MUCH FOR modeling people. Motul here sells a 2 litter case for 130 USD !!

I shall test the oil, mixing in Bio Ethanol for use in OS new engines... but, I think it is too much money for "just oil".

I do not recommend to make own fuel with this product in Brazil for the price.

Good for you guys in Europe or any other country that can afford it for less than 30 USD per litter.

Will post the results.

Hisatugo