Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Fuel Tank for smoke oil

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 11:01 AM
bluestratos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Tank for smoke oil

Sorry, not sure where to post this question but I am sure it applies to fuel as well as smoke oil. I am installing a smoke system and only have enough room to put a 16 oz tank right behind the main gas tank, but it would have to stand vertically. I read where someone did this, and if I recall they said they used 2 clunks, a long and a short. I don't understand how this would work as in my mind one or the other of the clunks would be sucking air. The smoke pump cannot lose prime or it will stop working so I need to feed the smoke oil reliably. The clunk seems to be too stiff to fall from the front of the tank to the rear again so any time I go inverted the clunk would be out of the fuel. Anyone dealt with this before? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
Randy
Old 01-13-2006, 03:30 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Tank for smoke oil

I agree with your assumptions about a vertical tank. Two clunks will not work.

The black neoprene clunk line seems pretty flexible. I bet it could double back if the rigid part was sort and the flexible part long?

Enjoy,

Jim