Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Model Technics fuel.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:22 AM
gisi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Model Technics fuel.

Hi there.
My LHS just ran out of Omega (Morgan) fuel, and my other alternative is Model Technics ProPower 10 with 18% EDL2 oil with Sical.
I don't know anything about this brand other than some negative posts from several years ago.

When I'm using the Omega fuel, I don't have to put any after run oil in my engines because it already has it blended in. Should I do that with the ProPower fuel?

Anything else I should be aware of? Tuning issues? Severe corrosion?
Old 06-03-2008, 03:09 PM
alfredbmor

Default RE: Model Technics fuel.

You may ad some castor to the Model Tech Fuel. I do not know what type of engine are you using but some engines tend to run hotter than others, then some castor oil is a need for them. In my opinion using a good after run oil is really a smart choice when you know that your engine will be stored for a month or more time and it also depends on the humidity in your region or the place where your planes and engines are stored, long time a go I used to store the planes and engines in a large laundry room in home, that was a bad idea because there were a lot of humidity there, wings of some planes tend to warp and engines will start to show corrosion (even if you use Omega fuel regularly). Now I store the planes in a very dry and dark room and also use after run oil when I know that a particular engine will be stored for more than one month.
Use a fuel filter and retune your engines, Model Tech is not a bad fuel but I do prefer Omega because of the castor oil.
Good luck.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:53 PM
gisi

Thanks!
I'm running OS engines, and one Magnum. The OS' are perhaps not the hottest types? Magnum, I don't know. I suppose I could run them a little rich at first.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:19 PM
carrellh

You can get some info about the fuel from the company web site
http://www.modeltechnics.com
The EDL2 is a synthetic oil that MT markets
SICAL is their "secret" additive package. Every manufacturer seems to like having secrets. The Omega you've been running has secret additives.

They have quite a few different blends with oil content that varies from around 10% to 20% and different combinations of oil:
Synthetic
Castor
Synthetic / Castor blend