Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Maxys Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 10:36 AM
wcmorrison
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maxys Fuel

Maxy has a web page and it is all about cars and "how good it is." Not much on what is in the fuel. Nothing on ratios of oil, etc. I signed up hoping to get into such data. Nothing yet, seems to be like, "You don't need to know."

The concern is that the club bought a bunch of it. The 2Cycle stuff was billed as being all Castor but when I looked at the bottle it says 20% Castor and 80% synthetic. I perfer the blend but that is not what our buyer said it was. I would like to know.

Anybody got any answers?

Cheers,

Chip
Old 04-01-2009, 10:00 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Maxys Fuel

That was a real "Pig in a poke"
Old 04-24-2009, 09:24 AM
wcmorrison

A representative from Maxys contacted me. Rep's name was Stan Jackson. They are going to send me a MSDS. They just had to get to me in a round about way.

Cheers,

Chip
Old 04-24-2009, 09:42 AM
carrellh

Would a MSDS typically have info about "how much" of each ingredient it has?
Or, just "what" it contains?
Old 02-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Jeff Worsham
My Feedback: (28)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: wcmorrison

Maxy has a web page and it is all about cars and ''how good it is.'' Not much on what is in the fuel. Nothing on ratios of oil, etc. I signed up hoping to get into such data. Nothing yet, seems to be like, ''You don't need to know.''

The concern is that the club bought a bunch of it. The 2Cycle stuff was billed as being all Castor but when I looked at the bottle it says 20% Castor and 80% synthetic. I perfer the blend but that is not what our buyer said it was. I would like to know.

Anybody got any answers?

Cheers,

Chip
How has the Maxy Fuel worked out? I'm looking into a fairly large purchase and see from their [link=http://www.dadshobbystuff.com/index_files/Page416.htm]website[/link] they've got percentages listed for the castor/syn blends, and offer full castor fuels which I'm interested in for break-in purposes. Saw a little write up in Aug 09 Model Aviation, but don''t personally know anyone who's used it. If it's any good, the free shipping on 8 cases really has my attention. Any input?
Old 02-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Freeman Jr.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The stuff is great. I use the 15% in all my pylon racers and sport planes, and also use the 30% in my helis for 3D. I just broke in my YS .91SR for my Vibe with the 30% and the motor runs great. I have burned 5 gallons of 30% and have to say after I have compaired it to the rest it is as good if not better the the top name brand stuff that has been around for awhile. They will answer any questions you have right away and Stan comes to many of the contest for support.

Give Maxy's Fuel and shot and you will be hooked.

Thanks
Gary Freeman Jr.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:42 PM
vquick
My Feedback: (71)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I start using this fuel about a month ago and I been having good results with the fuel I fly pattern I'm using 30% on my YS 160 and the engine is running grate I didn't have to do any adjustment to the pump also Im running in my t-rex 50 and actually I close the needle to get back to the temperature I was running with the other fuel so that's mean I got extra power I encourage to give a try you will not be disappointed.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Jeff Worsham

Thanks for the replies Gary and Victor. Victor- you mention temperature as an indicator in adjusting needle valve, this is totaly new to me. Seems I read somewhere else (maybe in the MA article or maybe from the car guys, don't remember?) that others engines ran a little cooler as well. What thermomter are you using and what is an acceptable temp range?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:23 PM
vquick
My Feedback: (71)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Used a Infra Red thermometer And I run the heli 175 to 200 in heli and cars you adjust mostly by temp.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:14 AM
Sandbag Special
My Feedback: (5)

Maxy fuels are my new favorite. From the company and owner, right down to the product itself. I have been using it for pylon racing, YS engines in pattern, and all my sport fly and glow equippment without missing a beat. Like Gary said, give a few gallons a try and you will be hooked. I just wish he made fuel for my turbine too

Matthew Fehling
Old 03-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Jeff Worsham

Received my order of Maxy's fuel and though I'm just working on the first couple gallons, I've run 2 out of the 4 blends received and am real happy with it. Love the extra castor in the two blends I've run. One thing for sure, Stan took excellent care of me concerning an honest mistake made on their end regarding shipping. He made everything right at no additional cost to me. Rare level of service in these days! I'd sure buy again.

By the way, their website has long ago been fixed to show contents of nitro and oil in their blends:
http://www.dadshobbystuff.com/index_files/Page416.htm
Old 10-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Jeff Worsham

Major Drag- just clicked the link above for Maxy's Fuel and found they have stopped fuel production. [&o]
Old 01-21-2011, 06:11 AM
1ofmyfuns

Ilike Maxy's Fuel runs great in my 1/8th Buggy .021 SH engine.

4Gallons 20% Nitro shipped $112.00! $28 a gal. not bad! and this fuel runs very good.

I seethe last post here issaying thatMaxy's is no longer makigthe fuel and this may have beeb true for a while but I'm buying theirfuel now and they are obviously back in business so I thought I would just add this info. for anyone who may be interested in their products.

http://www.maxysfuel.com/store/#ecwi...=0&sort=normalper Gallon 20% $37 shipped

http://www.maxysfuel.com/store/#ecwi...=0&sort=normal4 gallon case 20% $112 shipped