Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Glow Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 05:51 PM
mikefxu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Glow Fuel

ORIGINAL: rambler53

HobbyTown in Melbourne, Patriot 10% for $17.99. Cool Power 15% $24.99. If I drive to Sebastian, 30 miles south, it's $16.99 for Omega, $21.99 for Cool Power 15% (4 stroke).
I have about 5 gallons left in the house when I bought at $11 a gallon when the Chinese held some Olympic excuse to raise prices.

The difference in price, even at $25, is A LOT cheaper than a li-po charger, speed controller, motor, 11.1v 3s 40C , and going in silent mode.
Over here in Titusville, FL. Tried to go to local hobby shop and they are closed until August 2nd. Have purchase and almost used a entire gallon of Torco 20/14 from:cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll . This is my second gallon purchased. First nitro car so can't really speak if it good or bad compared to anything. I have been in that Hobby Town a few times, prior to me owing a R/C vehicle since being a child (<18). Small slow town so I am better off buying online unless I am going to Orlando or Melbourne. After I finish off the second gallon going to swithch to the Torco 30/10.

Edit: Torco 20/14 ebay shipped to my door $29 and they have 30/10 for $28. Doesn't have any listed currently but he/they do a few days later.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:00 PM
geeter
My Feedback: (110)

i buy morgan omega 15% from the LHS here in north carolina about 18.00..........19.00 a gallon. i only fly four strokes, so it lasts awhile. i also take an electric with me when i fly......cuts the fuel even more, playing with it for two ten minute flights. i won't buy li-po's either anymore. i fly nimh 3000 mah packs.........RON.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:21 AM
RCER88
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I am reducing my nitro consumption for a couple of reasons. Running Rossi's they LOVE no nitro fuel. So I buy FAI and bought that at 50.00 a case. When I can buy a lipo battery for less than a gallon of fuel and fly that same battery for over two years when in the same plane I was going through a gallon every three days makes a huge difference. I have burned as much as three gallons of fuel in a week at times. I get better performance out of electric converted plane because it is a half pound lighter and the CG don't change during flight.

Sig Kougar is one of my planes. I have two a nitro with a Rossi 45 and electric battery, ESC and motor and balance charger cost less than the Rossi. I fly the electric more. Less stuff to take to the field. I am also using gas in my larger planes. The gas plane requires less support gear too.

Personal preference.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:36 AM
EGRUNE
My Feedback: (10)

Byron's 15% Nitro, 18% Castor is $18.99 here in the Western Michigan area.