Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Bought an estate collection of 1/4 scale .. what to do with them?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Bought an estate collection of 1/4 scale .. what to do with them?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 12:38 AM
DTW

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Bought an estate collection of 1/4 scale .. what to do with them?

Mate the rear pictured by itself, same as the one in the white frame, are Skellenger "Winters" style diffs. Skellenger made several different styles.
They are no longer produced, and the only real option at the moment are the rears produced by John Foster, until such time as Gary Conley gets his rears into the market.
As such, prices for them are generally high, but can vary greatly depending on condition, who is chasing one at any given time etc etc.
If you got one for $300 you should consider yourself lucky. About $500-700 is probably the general market for a good condition rear. $1200 would need to be a very nice one...and maybe complete with hubs etc.
QSL might not be taking any new members for the present time, but if you need to know anything there are a number of common members to this Forum who I'm sure will post in due course. Just give them time....a lot, like Mike, have very busy schedules and might not be on here every day.

DW
Old 10-26-2011, 04:54 AM
wan6176

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry noted foxy
Old 10-27-2011, 08:22 AM
quarterscalelegends

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The white chassis one looks like it could be a PRC model. That one alone should fetch $1500 or more. The full cage with rear, i am unsure. the front arms and suspension looks wierd. The bare frames i have no idea. Cool lot, i would say you have 4k or so there pretty easy.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:14 PM
delray901

Thanks for all the help. I got the pro one car going with a 2.4ghz futaba radio. It is WAY too fast for the small two lane road that I live on. I decided to just try and sell the whole lot on eBay. I will probably pick up a smaller battery powered off road truck to play with. 

Old 10-31-2011, 09:54 PM
rmantoo

Dude, saw your ad on ebay.

I understand trying to unload all at once, but MAN you could do SO much better listing individually... and have you talked to Mike at QSL? I'll bet he could hook you up with indivicual buyers- ESPECIALLY for the frame components... those should go to a builder like the guy in Michigan, who can build them expertly and give them life.

Good luck,
Robert
Old 10-31-2011, 10:06 PM
delray901

ORIGINAL: rmantoo

Dude, saw your ad on ebay.

I understand trying to unload all at once, but MAN you could do SO much better listing individually... and have you talked to Mike at QSL? I'll bet he could hook you up with indivicual buyers- ESPECIALLY for the frame components... those should go to a builder like the guy in Michigan, who can build them expertly and give them life.

Good luck,
Robert
If it ends without bids I am going to list the cars and skellenger by themselves. The rest of the stuff will be harder to sell.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Bigmaestro

It's definetly going to end without bids. If the price were reasonable people would bid on it. It's just a shame this stuff is going to be seperated and spread all over the country. figures!
Old 11-06-2011, 10:33 AM
delray901

Maybe around the world.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:36 PM
speedypetey61

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Smart breaking up the LOT.
But dude your asking new car and part prices, thats not going to allow you to flip them for a profit, it may end up costing you 4 times as much in ebay fees on several re-listings I for see in your future.
$1800 for a car that looks like in actually ran in the INDY 500 is just ridiculous...why cause it got a beat to death rear end or some quick draw parts?? Come on dude! .
Old 11-06-2011, 08:52 PM
delray901

ORIGINAL: speedypetey61

Smart breaking up the LOT.
But dude your asking new car and part prices, thats not going to allow you to flip them for a profit, it may end up costing you 4 times as much in ebay fees on several re-listings I for see in your future.
$1800 for a car that looks like in actually ran in the INDY 500 is just ridiculous...why cause it got a beat to death rear end or some quick draw parts?? Come on dude! .
I don't have a background in these cars and am basing my start prices on the higher end of what I have been told they are worth. I will reduce and reslist until it all sells.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:13 PM
speedypetey61

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I totally understand, but basing your pricing on the high number would also determine the condition of the stuff, you cannot get top dollar for stuff that is not in top shape.
Im not being a hard ass or a complainer, I have no interest in the stuff, just trying to help save you time and money and get the stuff sold for the right price.

Anyway good luck
Old 11-07-2011, 02:32 PM
delray901

ORIGINAL: speedypetey61

Anyway good luck
Thanks.