Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Ferox Modellsport

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 11:37 AM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ferox Modellsport

Nice paint job!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:59 PM
migurami23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question. Are you going to be sending one to pwaicon, so that he can make a build thread on this car? I believe that members in this forum would sure appreciate that. Once again send him one!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 06:01 AM
Ferox-Modellsport

lol.. If you mean send as in him buying one then yes, I will definitely be sending one.. We hope to have the first set of cars available in the first quater of 2013. These will be produced in limited numbers for the first year (34 units). 3 Units will be going out to team drivers and the rest will be sold to the general public with full parts support.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:10 AM
JariV

Any plans to make front&rear diffs with cases, =enclosed differentials? What about center diff? Any plans for that?
Old 11-02-2012, 07:54 AM
Ferox-Modellsport

ORIGINAL: JariV

Any plans to make front&rear diffs with cases, =enclosed differentials? What about center diff? Any plans for that?

Good questions! No plans to close the the diff's. Reason being, there havent been any issues reported to Hendrik or that I could find that would suggest that they need to be enclosed, along with the fact that Hormann, FG, and similar models are running open diff's as well and have been for years. I've run mine in 3 different types of terrain including a very rock filled lot and have not experienced any issues. As for the center diff, we'll be using the v2 visco diff that Hendrik desinged along with having the option of a locker.

If there are any more questions please feel free to ask!

Thanks,

Old 11-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Ferox-Modellsport

Just wanted to update you guys on the development of this new venture since I'm still receiving many questions about everything I figured I'd start making some announcements\updates on the thread since 5thscaleracingforum is where the Ferox Modellsport forum will be housed going forward thanks to Mike Radlin (mradlin) who has been extremely helpful in this portion of the project. While helping with the influx of data coming from the old Ferox Forum (RC-Tune) he's also helping with the translation of the Ferox 4WD manual and will be assisting with the making of the new 2WD manual.
First update, and this is a big one.. F1 1\5 champion Hrvoje Stegmayer aka "Stegy". Stegy will be driving the FX-4WD in next seasons 4WD events throughout Europe so please join me in congratulating him..He's been extremely helpful with getting me the information I need and his dedication and knowledge of the hobby is exactly what Ferox will need to be on top in Europe.

I'm still working on with Hendrik on getting the former team driver of Ferox Andreas Kamp back on the team for Germany and am still deciding on individuals for the U.S representation as well as Australian.

Ferox has secured deals with both Samba and Jetpro for pipe manufacturing going fwd. Samba will be bringing their same high end materials and design to this project just like they've done in the past for other 1\5th brands. Stegy and I will also be working with Dino at Jetpro to develop a pipe that is lighter than what they usually produce while still providing that power that we've all come to expect from them.

I'm working with a designer to incoroparte an electric motor mount to allow Ferox FX-4WD drive owners the option of running on electric. Based of the design of the Ferox the implementation of the motor will be easy and the cost will be low compared to other options. The main thing I was looking for was quick mount conversion that would allow the driver to swap to either gas\electric depending without a lot of tooling around. More to come on this..

The first order of U.S. based parts will be placed next week so we'll be able to start selling V2 parts by the end of January which is great news for current Ferox owners, the first parts to come off the line will be upper\lower arms for the front and rear, shock towers, along with newly designed diff cases and a center locker. The diff cases and locker were designed by Grantor and you've seen them on my current FX-4WD, his work is amazing and I wanted to publicly thank him for all of the help and input he has given me to help push Ferox along. I've also secured a U.S. based drive-line manufacture to produce a system that will be second to none and will be under warranty if anything happens to the components, they will be available at the end of Dec or sometime in January.

Lastly I just spoke with Hendrik and he's agreed to start designing some new parts for the Ferox this weekend, now that he doesnt have the stress of the day to day operations he can now focus on his favorite part of the business.. Which is design..

Few more new pic's of the upcoming 2WD..

Old 11-08-2013, 12:11 AM
Northtwo

What´s mit Ferox in 2014????
Old 11-14-2013, 04:46 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.ferox-modellsport.com/